Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
How to deal with school pushing flu shot
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

bnm

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 3:22 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
What about the adjuvants that are in vaccine that are also in brain cancer drugs because they are known to open the blood brain barrier. Where do those adjuvants go? Have you ever followed them thru the lymphatic system with radioactive dye to know that's where they go.

Do you want to volunteer to be tested with a radioactive dye?

ectomorph

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 3:32 pm
In my community no one I know who got vaccinated got the flu but I know several people who are not vaccinated who did get the flu.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 3:34 pm
I would not give it. I heard some schools said u must give shot before dec 31. Afterwards they dont check anymore so know some ppl that kept their kids home till then. Double check with your school and with the health dept if they really have to do that...

Many ppl I know got the flu after getting the vaccine. Till they just stopped taking it..

I give my kids immune boosters all year and bh prevents them from getting the flu

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 4:10 pm
bnm wrote:
Do you want to volunteer to be tested with a radioactive dye?

No which is why there is no way the poster I responded to has any idea the adjuvants go into tur lymphatic system

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 4:45 pm
I usually do not give me kids the flu shot (some years they got the flu some years not) this year by the grace of g-d I gave the flu shot and I plan on giving it every year!!! My sons class had 10 cases of flu over the passed 2 weeks and my son only got a bad cold! He is normally very susceptible to every virus, disease, or infection.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 5:36 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
The flu shot is only around 9% effective against the major strain of flu this year, and overall effectiveness is only 29%...

https://abc7.com/health/doctor.....8676/

Not only that, there is peer reviewed evidence that the flu shot is not even effective at reducing the flu or reducing flu related deaths...

From the RFK Jr. Foundation:
Quote:

When a team of researchers at the National Institutes of Health compared flu vaccine rates with influenza-related illness over a 19-year period, from 1980 to 1999, they found that deaths from the flu increased as vaccination rates increased. “In conclusion, the increase in elderly influenza vaccination coverage in the U.S. after 1980 was not accompanied by a decline in influenza-related mortality,” the researchers concluded.

A study, led by a researcher at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and published in the journal Archives of Internal Medicine, found that increasing vaccination coverage did not correlate with declining mortality and the decline in influenza-related mortality could not be attributed to the flu vaccine but was rather the result of naturally acquired immunity. Observational studies crediting the flu vaccine with contributing to decreased deaths from the flu, “substantially overestimate vaccination benefit,” these researchers concluded.

A study published in the American Journal of Perinatology of vaccine effectiveness in pregnant women in Northern California across five flu seasons found that women who received flu vaccines during pregnancy had the same risk for influenza-like illness as unvaccinated women, and infants born to women who received flu vaccines also had the same risks for influenza or pneumonia as infants born to unvaccinated women. In other words, vaccine status made no difference to whether or not pregnant women or their offspring got the flu.

A study published in Pediatrics International of Japanese children ages 6 months to 2 years who were vaccinated against the flu found that the influenza vaccine did not reduce the rate of influenza A infections in children under two.

Quote:

Not only are there serious questions about the efficacy of the flu vaccine, there is evidence to suggest that getting the vaccine every year may cause damage to the immune system.

In a peer-reviewed study published in Clinical Infectious Diseases in March 2016, a team of Canadian researchers found that people who were vaccinated against the flu three years in a row were actually at higher risk of being infected with the flu.

Also troubling is the number of adverse reactions reported to the CDC after flu vaccination.

That article about the 9% effectiveness rate is not from the current flu season. Also the biggest flu epidemic ever, with 21million deaths was over a century ago so I don't know if RFK JR has his facts straight.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 9:23 pm
southernbubby wrote:
That article about the 9% effectiveness rate is not from the current flu season. Also the biggest flu epidemic ever, with 21million deaths was over a century ago so I don't know if RFK JR has his facts straight.

Right, that article on 9% effectiveness was referring to this past flu season, not the current one. We’ll see what the current season’s effectiveness rate is in a few months I guess, but I would be surprised if it is high.

And in regards to the other articles - these are not RFK Jr’s opinions, they are the conclusions of peer reviewed scientific research.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 9:40 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Right, that article on 9% effectiveness was referring to this past flu season, not the current one. We’ll see what the current season’s effectiveness rate is in a few months I guess, but I would be surprised if it is high.

And in regards to the other articles - these are not RFK Jr’s opinions, they are the conclusions of peer reviewed scientific research.

Whenever the flu mortality rates are calculated there is usually a higher percentage of non-vaccinated people who die than those who are vaccinated.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 9:47 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Whenever the flu mortality rates are calculated there is usually a higher percentage of non-vaccinated people who die than those who are vaccinated.

from those who unfortunately die from the flu, how many of those used tamiflu vs those who did not?

forgetit

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 10:59 pm
And I thought that outrageous spending is the talk of the day. Here I see that people go around asking everyone if they got the flu, if they got the flu shot, if they did not get the flu shot and got the flu, if they did get the flu shot and get the flu, if they did not get the flu shot and did not get the flu or if they did get the flu shot and did not get the flu.
I'm so confused just writing this and I didn't even get to tamiflu yet.
How do you people go around your community asking this and keeping track? I can't even keep track of my toddler's shoes. I guess I'm just a brainless gal. Crying

southernbubby

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 5:21 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
from those who unfortunately die from the flu, how many of those used tamiflu vs those who did not?

I would admit that we don't know all the details. Maybe they were already too sick to be vaccinated or lived in a rural area with scant health care. We don't know if the children who were vaccinated were already incubating the flu. I think that a couple of deaths were in the children of undocumented immigrants in US custody.
The numbers don't tell the whole story but it is hard to find neutral information that is neither the CDC or RFK JR.
I don't find anything to substantiate the claim that yearly flu shots damage the immune system but I am under the impression that a severe case of the flu could be dangerous for a fetus or cause an autoimmune response in anyone.
I know that many people who don't vaccinate use homeopathy but I don't think that they could be held any more accountable than the rogue vaccine manufacturers.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 5:58 am
forgetit wrote:
And I thought that outrageous spending is the talk of the day. Here I see that people go around asking everyone if they got the flu, if they got the flu shot, if they did not get the flu shot and got the flu, if they did get the flu shot and get the flu, if they did not get the flu shot and did not get the flu or if they did get the flu shot and did not get the flu.
How do you people go around your community asking this and keeping track? I can't even keep track of my toddler's shoes. I guess I'm just a brainless gal. Crying

Anti vaxxers think of themselves as "thinkers" and that everyone is sheeple. So start using your brain and choose a well thought out side.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 7:39 am
forgetit wrote:

I don't ask what anyone spends or if they vaccinate and we usually don't think about what other people do until it affects us in some way.
Maybe there is a standard gift when a grandchild gets married or has a baby and then I have to figure out how much is "standard" so it then affects me.
Obviously, whether we took flu vaccine or not, we should avoid exposure if we can and that could require telling possibly sick people not to visit, send kids to day care, travel by air, etc.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 7:53 am
If the flu vaccine was a good product, it would speak for itself and most people would not need to be pushed ,forced , or influenced into getting it. It’s a failure of a product. Flu is rampant as ever. Saying you get a less severe case or a flu like case is a way to rationalize and make sense out of something that you really want to say works, but just doesn’t work.
Committing to a yearly shot for life is quite a big commitment for a shot that is not reliable and has the track record that it has.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 7:55 am
SouthernBubby
You really seem to be passionate about the vaccine topic. For someone who always responds to these threads it would be good to really find out the ins and outs of the discussion, not just quips and circular reasoning back and forth on imamother from various posters.
Dr Shiva Ayyadurai MIT PhD is giving a talk in Livingston New Jersey Monday January 6-a modern scientific framework of immunity for conversations and discourse- beyond vaxx and antivaxx

southernbubby

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 9:04 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
SouthernBubby
You really seem to be passionate about the vaccine topic. For someone who always responds to these threads it would be good to really find out the ins and outs of the discussion, not just quips and circular reasoning back and forth on imamother from various posters.
Dr Shiva Ayyadurai MIT PhD is giving a talk in Livingston New Jersey Monday January 6-a modern scientific framework of immunity for conversations and discourse- beyond vaxx and antivaxx

Who is sponsoring it?

southernbubby

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 9:10 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
If the flu vaccine was a good product, it would speak for itself and most people would not need to be pushed ,forced , or influenced into getting it. It’s a failure of a product. Flu is rampant as ever. Saying you get a less severe case or a flu like case is a way to rationalize and make sense out of something that you really want to say works, but just doesn’t work.
Committing to a yearly shot for life is quite a big commitment for a shot that is not reliable and has the track record that it has.

Personally, I do feel like I get through winter better when I take it than I did before I started taking it.
I agree that it's generally a lousy product for many people.
I am not sure what the solution is because the flu can really do a number on many people. Apparently keeping body weight at a reasonable number prevents many people from developing complications but society today isn't doing enough to address this.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 11:06 am
I looked up Dr Shiva. He is a blatant anti-vaxer and is not neutral. Other scientists pick apart everything he says. He has a huge anti-vax following but his doctorate has nothing to do with biology or health. Listening to him is no different than Big Tree, Wakefield, or Toni Bark. The immune system may be poorly understood but I don't think that he understands it any better.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 11:12 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:

The flu vaccine is like an umbrella.
An annual shot is not a big commitment. You just walk into any pharmacy, wait less than 10 minutes and walk out. You can order nurses to come to your office. You can walk into a clinic. It's easier than making a deposit at a bank.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 12:13 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
The flu vaccine is like an umbrella.
An annual shot is not a big commitment. You just walk into any pharmacy, wait less than 10 minutes and walk out. You can order nurses to come to your office. You can walk into a clinic. It's easier than making a deposit at a bank.

No thank you. I will pass. I haven’t had the flu in over 30 years and I’m not interested in messing with that. I’m good.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics