Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Soy formula

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 3:22 pm
What's the best brand of soy formula? Does soy cause constipation?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 3:26 pm
Any kind of formula CAN cause constipation, if the baby is sensitive to dairy or soy or develops a sensitivity.

What does your doctor recommend?

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 1:32 pm
Soy can possibly cause some serious issues. It's questionable because of possible GMO as well as it leads to high estrogen levels. Have you read any of the studies? After reading a lot, I keep my kids as far away from soy products as possible. When a baby is eating it as main nourishment, it is that much worse. Soy formula changes reproductive system tissues

Did your doctor say to go off cow's milk? There are other options such as goat's milk formula that may work. My dd thrived on it and my other kids were on various others with no great result. Kids who are sensitive to cow dairy also have issues with soy according to our pediatric GI doctor. They all got super fat on regular non dairy formulas, they obviously were not putting on healthy baby fat. My dd with the goat milk is very healthy and never got too fat. Never got constipated. Never had a stomach issue. Even the soy formula gave my babies sore tummies. The stomach aches, reflux and crying was bad and I think it was because we couldn't find a formula that worked until my last baby. I found the extra weight to be a crazy issue with formulas in general except for the goat milk one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics