Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Need support. Just been diagnosed with.....

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 4:12 am
Pcos. I am 32 married for almost 10 years and have 3 adorable kids. I am overweight due to kidney stone issues and went off birth control few months back. My periods have been irregular. Is this my fault this happened? I try so hard to lose weight and excersise. I do want to have another baby at some point. I feel like I am going to cry.

Sebastian

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 4:19 am
Probably from the pill. It's normal. Could take a yr to adjust

meyerlemon44

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 6:24 am
OP, I am so sorry you are dealing with this diagnosis. I wish I could give you a hug. I have a few relatives with this condition and a few relatives who are doctors, and they’ve told me that the good news is that PCOS is very treatable with medicine and lifestyle changes. I hope you see improvements soon!

Rappel

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 6:26 am
You're okay, and you're going to be okay. Consistently, I've heard from people with pcos that a combination of regular exercise and dropping all gluten, made their pcos clear up. It's pretty common - I used to have it myself. But with those significant lifestyle changes, my body changed completely. It is not chronic.

Ps - I was on BC for years as a teen to help regulate my hormones, but I didn't notice any significant changes while on it.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 6:55 am
I have pcos. Try healthy carbs, healthy fats lots of vegetables. Fruit but not the ones like banana's and proteins. And exercise. Can really help.
FYI
When I cycled not on diet. NoN IUI or IVF, I couldn't get an egg released. last time I cycled on low carb high healthy fats and proteins. I released 3 eggs and now pregnant bh!

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 10:37 am
I have pcos too! I have a parent with diabetes so I have insulin resistance which causes pcos. However, I can tell you that no matter how much exercise I did, I couldnt lose weight. So, after a lot of research, I found out about dr. Fung and his office staff such as nadia....who say that giving the body a break by intermittent fasting brings insulin down and insulin is the root of the problem.

Anyway, the dr. Also says that diet is very important, focusing on healthy fats and no sugar, low carb...

I'm sharing this with you bec. I've struggled for yrs and all drs do is just "give meds" which didnt help. Now, I'm trying the new approach of dr. Fung. There is definitely hope and many ppl got pregnant naturally after doing intermittent fasting and the healthy fats, no sugar, low carb diet.

Hatzlacha....you will manage this...its not your fault at all....by the way, having pcos makes it very hard to lose weight...so maybe that was preventing you from losing weight....but with dietary changes and taking breaks from eating/fasting...you can help your body lower the insulin which will help your body get rid of the fat.. however, this is a slow process...

A lot of women have this....but with the proper diet and ....you can help your body heal...hatzlacha.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise