Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
My toddler wants to watch me go to bathroom

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 6:59 pm
We got my two year old girl a little potty and she is very excited. When we were both in the bathroom she said "mommy show me how you do it." I know this is totally normal and could help her learn how to do it but I feel so uncomfortable to go to the bathroom in front of her even though she's only two. I ended up saying mommy wants privacy but showed her and explained with skirt on lol. What has your experience been with this?

Rachel Shira

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 7:07 pm
I think very little kids seeing their parents go to the bathroom (even of the opposite gender) is normal. If she hasn’t seen you until now, though, I see how that could be weird.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 7:08 pm
Bringing a baby into the bathroom so you don't leave him or her unattended is normal. I'm not sure it's normal to deliberately show a toddler how you go to the bathroom.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 7:23 pm
I can’t believe this is a question. I also can’t believe you have a toddler and she never wanders in when you use the bathroom.

I literally don’t see the big deal

She doesn’t want to see the stream. She’s not looking where it actually comes from.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 7:31 pm
How have you avoided it this long? My kids 3 and 2 always come in with me.

This is your issue, not hers. She's being a normal toddler.

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 7:53 pm
None of my kids ever came into the bathroom with me after they were infants. They all figured out how to use the potty without watching me. I always lock the door when I use the bathroom, and nobody gets to come in. Why should they?

Although I can see if you have a really rambunctious child who might hurt someone, or do something dangerous, and you have to watch them all the time. That's the only type of child I would allow in the bathroom with me. A typical kid should be just fine being alone for a couple of minutes.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 7:58 pm
None of my kids come in the bathroom with me. People really leave the door unlocked?

Anyhow, all of them toilet trained just fine.

This is a great time to open the discussion on privacy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics