Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Desperate for a boys hs, please read
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 8:32 pm
out-of-towner wrote:
Yam HaTorah in Bayswater might be a good fit.

My brother went there. I second this.

malki2

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 8:42 pm
OP, how old is your son? Because different places might be recommended for him depending on his age.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 10:39 pm
Mesivta Netzach HaTorah

Or Mesivta Shaarei Prozdor

(They were originally one yeshiva, then split and are now in two different locations and are not affiliated with each other anymore. They have totally separate staff now.)

The first is in Woodmere

The second is in Long Beach

Odelyah

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 8:24 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Mesivta Netzach HaTorah

Or Mesivta Shaarei Prozdor

(They were originally one yeshiva, then split and are now in two different locations and are not affiliated with each other anymore. They have totally separate staff now.)

The first is in Woodmere

The second is in Long Beach

Do you happen to know if that is the mesivta that Rabbi Moshe Don Kestenbaum from Waterbury is affiliated with now?

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:55 am
Hi I wanted to bump up this thread to find out from OP if you found a good place for your DS and if so what place is it? Any info is helpful thanks

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:00 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Hi I wanted to bump up this thread to find out from OP if you found a good place for your DS and if so what place is it? Any info is helpful thanks

He went to Nesivos Chaim, but I need to change him. I need a dorm and they don’t have any and while the academics and the hours are good, the majority of the boys, specifically in his class, have a lot of issues. He doesn’t feel comfortable with them at all. We’re looking into JETS in California now. A trade school seems like it would work for him. Anyone know of one closer to the east coast?

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:11 am
They want to start a trade school incorporated into heichal hatorah in Teaneck. I suggest you call them to see when they plan on opening that.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:39 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
They want to start a trade school incorporated into heichal hatorah in Teaneck. I suggest you call them to see when they plan on opening that.

Thank you so much!!

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 6:17 am
Op curious what ended up happening. I have a son exactly like yours and we need a high school for him. Any new recommendations

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 6:25 am
Right now I can recommend South Bend or Norfolk. Both very warm yeshivos with dorms that are known for working with boys who aren't very strong in gemara but are otherwise good boys.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 7:21 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
Op curious what ended up happening. I have a son exactly like yours and we need a high school for him. Any new recommendations

Corona virus ended up happening and everything went to pot. He almost finished getting his ged and learns with his older brother.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 8:12 am
Look into Ohr Yisrael in Tenafly
They have website with lots of info

amother
Clear

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 8:19 am
JEC in Elizabeth ?
Def not yeshivish & light on academics

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 8:31 am
amother OP wrote:
Corona virus ended up happening and everything went to pot. He almost finished getting his ged and learns with his older brother.

For systematic drilling of gemara skills, you should look into YU's Gemara Boot Camp. It meets virtually and is open to high school age, as well as adults. It's meant for people who have some experience learning, but have skills gaps. I think participants can do it for multiple rounds as they move up in skill level.

https://www.yu.edu/GemaraBootcamp

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 9:34 am
Ur son sounds like mine. He was strongly recommended to go to share adirim in Chicago. It fits the description of what ur looking for. But I don’t have a review on them since my son didn’t end up going there.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics