Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Why is this woman walking free?!

Cheiny

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 9:40 am
Tiffany Harris let loose again after second alleged anti-Semitic assault
Brooklyn trouble-magnet who already dodged bail in an unprovoked attack on three Orthodox Jewish women — only to be busted days later for allegedly assaulting another woman — walked free again Monday.

At her second arraignment in three days, Tiffany Harris, 30, was ordered into supervised release for the latest incident, in which she allegedly slugged a woman in the face in front of her two young children early Sunday in Prospect Heights.

“We’re here two days after the defendant was here on another charge,” noted prosecutor Evan Hannay in Harris’ brief appearance in Brooklyn criminal court. “We believe that the highest level of supervised release is appropriate.”

Harris, who pleaded not guilty, was indeed ordered into supervised release by Judge Archana Rao, the most stringent ruling that officials said she could make given the charges. Harris, hit with charges including assault, menacing and endangering the welfare of a child, declined comment as she left the courtroom. [NYP]

icebreaker

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 9:49 am
So I read she's been arrested 13 times, most for assault. No judge after the first time she was arrested thought, "hey, maybe this woman is a danger to others. She shouldn't be walking around." No judge thought this after the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc time either...and now she's back out roaming the streets.

Why oh why are people who have been arrested multiple times, especially for assault, let out continuously??

watergirl

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 9:52 am
Is this post about something in the news? Then remove "liberal leaders" from the subject line and keep this thread free from political content. Is it about politics? Then tell me and I will move the thread.

Update - I gave it 2 hours and then edited the subject line. Keep this thread free of any politics. Thanks.

Last edited by watergirl on Tue, Dec 31 2019, 12:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

1untamedgirl

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 10:15 am
The same thing happened to the guy who set YU dorm on fire. He was released then arrested again a few hours later and released again. https://www.nbcnewyork.com/new.....7823/

I believe that he was homeless or something and was doing it to get "housing" in jail which is what some of them do to get free "housing" to get shelter from the cold. NY is really messing up their plans by releasing them without bail and should at least admit these folks to either a pysch ward or halfway house or substance abuse clinic so they would have a place to stay, get psychiatric care, and not have to commit crimes again.

shmosmom

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 11:20 am
For a second there I read her name as Tiffany Haddish and I'm like nahhhhh that can't be true.

gingertop

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 11:31 am
shmosmom wrote:
For a second there I read her name as Tiffany Haddish and I'm like nahhhhh that can't be true.

Lol. Every time the name comes up in the news I do that even though I've already read it wrong and self corrected about 100 times.
I love Tiffany Haddish!

fleetwood

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 1:00 pm
Just curious if O.P. is from New York? If she was ,she would realize that she was free because that's the law. It sucks..but that's the reason.

chestnut

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 1:59 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Just curious if O.P. is from New York? If she was ,she would realize that she was free because that's the law. It sucks..but that's the reason.

The new law is supposed to go into effect January 1.

Not that it matters, but I haven't heard that her 2nd attack was anti Semitic.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 2:07 pm
[post removed, no politics allowed in this forum. Please note the mod post upthread]

glamourmom

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 2:13 pm
I think it's time someone take a fist to her. it's not a biggie cuz you get released anyway. maybe a beating will teach her a lesson.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics