Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
MO community close to Great Neck

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 7:45 am
Our kids go to school in Great Neck and we live in Manhattan. They don't mind the commute because they get to sleep on the train or do homework but our wallets mind the commute and I'm not sure how we've done it this long, despite getting a student discount for LIRR pass. We have a dog and a bird and even if it weren't for the pets, we need a house with a yard and privacy. The only community we have really looked into was KGH but there were too many attached houses that were way too expensive. We have a budget of $600,000 and hope there is some place we can get a decent-sized, updated single-family house. I'd even go for cheaper, older home that I could update myself over time.

Thanks for any leads!!

avrahamama

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 7:50 am
This is tough... I'm pretty sure New Hyde Park has a Young Israel. Maybe look them up and see what's doing there. Otherwise, yes queens might be the closest you'll get. OR West Hempstead maybe.??

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 7:59 am
10583 area has a new school called wta
and westchster day school has scholorships
we have big kosher supermarket
and a big young isreal

icedcoffee

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 8:01 am
Have you considered Plainview? My husband went to NSHA and more than a few of his classmates were from Plainview. There's a Young Israel there.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 8:38 am
avrahamama wrote:
This is tough... I'm pretty sure New Hyde Park has a Young Israel. Maybe look them up and see what's doing there. Otherwise, yes queens might be the closest you'll get. OR West Hempstead maybe.??

Thanks! I looked on Zillow to see if there are any homes in our price range. Not many, but we'll definitely contact the Young Israel there. West Hempstead seems to have more inventory, but I'm only going off of Zillow.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 8:41 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
10583 area has a new school called wta
and westchster day school has scholorships
we have big kosher supermarket
and a big young isreal

Is this Scarsdale? If so, I think it's a little further away from where we wanted to be. Plus, we don't want to change our children's school or anything. But thank you!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 8:42 am
icedcoffee wrote:
Have you considered Plainview? My husband went to NSHA and more than a few of his classmates were from Plainview. There's a Young Israel there.

Haven't looked into Plainview, but definitely will. Thank you!!

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 9:03 am
What about the five towns? I live here and there are plenty kids from great neck in the schools here so I imagine it works both ways and there are 5T kids in Great neck schools. There are plenty of MO shuls here. 600k is a little low for a house though. You might be able to find in North Lawrence or North Woodmere in that price range.

avrahamama

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 9:05 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
What about the five towns? I live here and there are plenty kids from great neck in the schools here so I imagine it works both ways and there are 5T kids in Great neck schools. There are plenty of MO shuls here. 600k is a little low for a house though. You might be able to find in North Lawrence or North Woodmere in that price range.

Those kids have a long commute. I think OP is looking to reduce the commute.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 9:08 am
avrahamama wrote:
Those kids have a long commute. I think OP is looking to reduce the commute.

She said that the kids dont mind the commute as far as the time but her wallet does. I belive busing is free from Great Neck to Five Towns.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 11:34 am
Cedarhurst

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 11:48 am
West Hempstead. Not too far from great neck. I believe bussing is provided, but I could be wrong.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 11:56 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
West Hempstead. Not too far from great neck. I believe bussing is provided, but I could be wrong.

West Hempsteader here

Bussing is provided by the district

avrahamama

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 11:58 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
She said that the kids dont mind the commute as far as the time but her wallet does. I belive busing is free from Great Neck to Five Towns.

Sorry. Yes she did. Does five towns offer free busing out if district?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating