Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Biggest fear send ds to public school bc no yeshiva accepts
Previous  1  2

chestnut

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 7:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok well I'm in queens in ny but thanks for the info.

I'm pretty sure there's a P'tach or Ichud program in a boys' yeshiva in your area. That might be the solution.

chestnut

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 7:17 pm
Btw, the class he's in now, is it 12:1:1 or a regular small class? Is it a preK in a yeshiva?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 8:09 pm
Silverstein hebrew academy in great neck
Really good about ieps

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 9:04 pm
You definitely have options. YESS in YCQ, Gesher in Cedarhurst (there are usually enough kids in kgh that they have a van), p'tach in Brooklyn.

I have a special needs child, and my number one educational priority has been keeping him in yeshiva. We ended up moving in order to send him to a specific program. If staying in yeshiva is a priority, leave no stone unturned.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 6:48 am
Let's say c'v no yeshiva accepts.
Maybe a modern schoo lwill.
Or maybe home school
You do not HAVE to send to public school

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 7:41 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Silverstein hebrew academy in great neck
Really good about ieps

Thanks. I'll call them today.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 7:44 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
You definitely have options. YESS in YCQ, Gesher in Cedarhurst (there are usually enough kids in kgh that they have a van), p'tach in Brooklyn.

I have a special needs child, and my number one educational priority has been keeping him in yeshiva. We ended up moving in order to send him to a specific program. If staying in yeshiva is a priority, leave no stone unturned.

I understand you are trying to help, but so far, these programs are full already. I didnt call yess...but I will call today to see if they are already full. I was "thrown off by him not being accepted " so it is very late. One school yesterday told me they just sent out all acceptance letters and all spots are taken.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 7:47 am
Ruchel wrote:
Let's say c'v no yeshiva accepts.
Maybe a modern schoo lwill.
Or maybe home school
You do not HAVE to send to public school

If I homeschool him, I would have no money to pay for my other children's yeshivos, then all my kids would have to attend public schools. And, I'm not capable of homeschooling all my children. Yeshivos are very strict about getting my money. And, by, I am able to pay bec we both work. But, almost all our money is for tuition so we cant homeschool.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 4:08 pm
I'd just like to echo another poster by suggesting a shadow for your child. I am in a similar position to you. My child is in a public school setting right now and will hopefully transition to yeshiva next year. But we will hopefully be paying privately for a shadow in the classroom to help him acclimate to the larger classroom setting and the more rigorous dual english/Hebrew academic curriculum. Would they accept your child if you offer to pay for this?

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 4:15 pm
OP. Plz call rabbi meirov at chazaq and see if he can help. They do great work.

chestnut

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 4:22 pm
If the appropriate for your son schools don't have room, time to involve your rav or find a pull

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 10:29 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
OP. Plz call rabbi meirov at chazaq and see if he can help. They do great work.

Thank you. I will try this.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 10:30 pm
chestnut wrote:
If the appropriate for your son schools don't have room, time to involve your rav or find a pull

Unfortunately, my rav says he has no "pull with the schools"... but yes, I would have to "find a pull"....if only it was easy to find.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 6:19 pm
Did you try a school for children with ieps that have a smaller class? My friend from queens sends to Tiferes Mordechai. She is thrilled. She said there are a number of queens children in the school

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 10:52 pm
OP, since you said you're in Queens, I want to mention that I know several people who were not able to put their ds into YTM for pre1A due to various issues, but they were able to switch them in 1, 2 or a few years later.

Also I would look into Har Torah if it wasn't mentioned. Hatzlocha.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics