Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
How often is it the norm to change linen?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 1:57 pm
How often do u change your dc linen? Im talking about clean kids , linen stays clean but of course needs a wash . How often if not dirty ? And teens linen as well how often do u change into clean clean ones?

maidale

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 1:58 pm
about 10 days. 2 weeks max.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 2:00 pm
Since even freshly showered sleepers sweat something like 1 cup of sweat nightly plus shed dead skin cells etc, weekly. According to health experts every 2 weeks is ok but stretching it.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 2:02 pm
I change once in 7-8 days.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 2:05 pm
In my mind I wash it every 2 weeks. In reality doesn’t happen . Mad
It’s a very big hassle for me

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 2:28 pm
Every Wednesday is linen and towels day!

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 2:35 pm
When I have cleaning help, once a week. When I don't, every 2 weeks.
Teens should change their own linen as often as they'd like.

Fave

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 3:11 pm
Teens can and should help you with changing their sheets. I tell my kids the night before that they should strip the bed in the morning and bring the linen to the laundry room.

I wash/dry during the day and at night I help my kids put the linen back on.

Amarante

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 3:55 pm
Sheets are changed once a week - I think that is considered to be "normal". I let the duvet cover go longer because to me it is not the same as lying on a sheet or pillowcase where one has body oils, sweat, oil from hair etc.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 4:07 pm
Wow im shocked! I change my linens every other week now and I feel like superwoman. When life is hectic (pregnant, newborn etc) im lucky if its once month!

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 4:24 pm
I change kids' linen every two weeks.

Teens over age 13 (both boys and girls) change their linen when they want, it's their responsibility.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 6:28 pm
Every week, and in extenuating circumstances I wash every two weeks. Once kids are old enough they should be given a day that they are expected to do it on their own.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 6:40 pm
Not telling about kids...

Mine gets changed every 10 days

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 10:06 pm
. I don’t discriminate. Everyone’s sheets and pillowcases as well as all the towels in tbe house are changed every Friday unless it’s a Th-F YT that week in which case we change erev the YT. The only exceptions are very young people who occasionally have nighttime accidents, in which case the sheets are changed immediately and again on Friday lich’vod Shabbat just like everyone else.

B”H I have my own washer. But my mother was poor and had to use a laundromat and even so changed the linens every Friday.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 10:20 pm
Cleaning help on Friday. She changes all the linen. Weeks she doesn't come it gets skipped and we all go a second week until she gets back.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 10:42 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
In my mind I wash it every 2 weeks. In reality doesn’t happen . Mad
It’s a very big hassle for me

Same here. I did it more often when I had a washer and dryer in the apartment.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 11:34 pm
I’m surprised that weekly changes aren’t the norm.

Even when there were no washing machines, laundry was done once a week - on Monday with Tuesday being ironing day.

Historically it was one of the first house chores that was outsourced with professional laundries springing up in the late nineteenth century and people hiring laundresses to wash even if they couldn’t afford any other kind of help. A laundress was considered to be the worst kind of work because washing clothes before mechanical washers was so brutally hard.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 12:20 am
So the vote looks to be 2 weeks max . Ok thanks for sharing. I wish it wouldnt be such a hassle for me ...

happyone

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 12:44 am
every Wednesday and as needed.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 7:35 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I’m surprised that weekly changes aren’t the norm.

Even when there were no washing machines, laundry was done once a week - on Monday with Tuesday being ironing day.

Historically it was one of the first house chores that was outsourced with professional laundries springing up in the late nineteenth century and people hiring laundresses to wash even if they couldn’t afford any other kind of help. A laundress was considered to be the worst kind of work because washing clothes before mechanical washers was so brutally hard.

Yeah, but that was when people took weekly baths, so ... lol. Times have changed! If we could afford help, it would for sure be done every week!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children