Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Please help me with basic window blinds

SuperWify

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 3:51 pm
I’m beH moving to a new rental and I need to outfit my windows. I probably won’t be living there for more then 2-3 years so I don’t want to spend on custom shades.

In the past I’ve used cheap paper shades but I’m moving to a house and want it to look normal. Besides the fact, paper shades are extremely inconvenient when you want to pull up the shades.

I see these
https://www.selectblinds.com/c.....w_wcB which seem to be practical, affordable and nice.

Few questions for the mavens:

Do you have these shades? Would you recommend them?
Would you recommend a different product?
When measuring the windows do I measure inside (just the window) or outside the window? There are two different options on the website.
Have you done this through a professional- was it worth the extra money?
I also need a shade for a kitchen door. What do you suggest?
Anything else?

Thanks in advance!

r1

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 3:54 pm
If money is a priority- I love my shades from Loews. They’re basic but not paper or flimsy. Sturdy for a few years already. They have a few standard sizes but can also cut to size. Most windows should be standard sizes. You measure the inside of the frames. It cost us like under 20$ each.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 4:36 pm
r1 wrote:
If money is a priority- I love my shades from Loews. They’re basic but not paper or flimsy. Sturdy for a few years already. They have a few standard sizes but can also cut to size. Most windows should be standard sizes. You measure the inside of the frames. It cost us like under 20$ each.

Thanks do you have a link?

loveit

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 4:40 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I’m beH moving to a new rental and I need to outfit my windows. I probably won’t be living there for more then 2-3 years so I don’t want to spend on custom shades.

In the past I’ve used cheap paper shades but I’m moving to a house and want it to look normal. Besides the fact, paper shades are extremely inconvenient when you want to pull up the shades.

I see these
https://www.selectblinds.com/c.....w_wcB which seem to be practical, affordable and nice.

Few questions for the mavens:

Do you have these shades? Would you recommend them?
Would you recommend a different product?
When measuring the windows do I measure inside (just the window) or outside the window? There are two different options on the website.
Have you done this through a professional- was it worth the extra money?
I also need a shade for a kitchen door. What do you suggest?
Anything else?

Thanks in advance!

We have these all through out. We measured ourselves and my husband put them up quickly and easily.

We chose to do an inside mount so we followed the directions for measuring. They have a useful measuring guide pdf you can download and print and fill out for every window. Makes large orders much simpler.

You can also do these shades for your door. Just select the option for something to attach it at the bottom of the door when it’s pulled down so it doesn’t swing around.

loveit

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 4:43 pm
Also just wanted to say that it was worth it to do ourselves. We first tried through other places where they do it for you, also tried blinds.com (which is Home Depot) and all the quotes were MUCH higher. Blinds.com maybe 50% more but the other all 2-3x more than what we ended up spending through selectblinds. Just wait for sales and you should be able to get about 40% off their list price.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 8:01 pm
loveit wrote:
Also just wanted to say that it was worth it to do ourselves. We first tried through other places where they do it for you, also tried blinds.com (which is Home Depot) and all the quotes were MUCH higher. Blinds.com maybe 50% more but the other all 2-3x more than what we ended up spending through selectblinds. Just wait for sales and you should be able to get about 40% off their list price.

Thanks your post was very helpful! I don’t understand what you wrote about the sales though. Can you please clarify?

loveit

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 9:39 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Thanks your post was very helpful! I don’t understand what you wrote about the sales though. Can you please clarify?

Selectblinds runs sales VERY often so just keep an eye on their promotions and don’t buy unless you get a good sale like at least 30% off plus extra 10% because it comes up a lot.

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 10:11 pm
Op, I have the shades you questioned about. They are nice and have been holding up for a few years. If I remember correctly, Lowe’s gives a lifetime warranty as long as you have the receipt.

Last edited by lkwdlady on Tue, Dec 31 2019, 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 10:12 pm
Double post
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars