Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Shawarma help

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:14 am
Shwarma is my go to for when I have leftover chicken on the bone. Ill take the chicken off the bone and add it to a pan of sauteed onions and shawarma spice. Everyone in my house will eat it this way. Sometimes if I only have a bit of chicken on the bone then ill 1st throw in raw cut up chicken breast and cook ir thru before adding the cooked stuff... will this work the same way is baby chicken/dark cutlets? I have a lot of raw baby chicken im trying to use up but sometimes when I substitute breast for dark chicken in the past it did not work and tasted bad (one time grilled it and added it to a salad. Bad idea!)
TIA for your help!

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:15 am
Yes. Chicken shawarma is best with dark meat chicken cutlets. Just make sure to cook long enough!

jewishmom6

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:17 am
Yes. We love shawarma with dark chicken.
This recipe is delicious:
http://overtimecook.com/2015/0.....alad/

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:17 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Yes. Chicken shawarma is best with dark meat chicken cutlets. Just make sure to cook long enough!

If you have a method you use the turns out well can you share it?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:20 am
jewishmom6 wrote:
Yes. We love shawarma with dark chicken.
This recipe is delicious:
http://overtimecook.com/2015/0.....alad/

Thank you! She says to marinate and then grill the chicken and once its cooked, cut it up for a salad (in out case, pita) in the past ive cut up the chicken raw, but maybe this way is better?

avrahamama

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:23 am
You can cut the pargiot a d just sautee in a pan with the spices. No need to marinate

jewishmom6

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! She says to marinate and then grill the chicken and once its cooked, cut it up for a salad (in out case, pita) in the past ive cut up the chicken raw, but maybe this way is better?

yes cut it after its cooked.
Just make sure the dark chicken gets cooked all the way. I like to make slits in chicken because its very thick and tends to be undercooked when the outside looks ready.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:37 am
I use baby chicken. I don't always marinated I usually sauteed onions in pan. Then take them out and sister chicken with shwarma spice. When basically cooks through I add back the onions and cook a bit more.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:38 am
I only use dark chicken cutlets for shawarma. I cut the cutlets in but size pieces and marinate in shawarma spice and oil for a couple of hours. Cook it with sliced onion till the chicken is soft.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 10:04 am
I see some people cut it up before and others dont. Guess its ok either way...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen