Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Need a job fast and don't know where to look.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 1:56 pm
I have a lot of experience as a realtor and I moved recently to get married and had to leave my real estate business to move. My husband was making a much better living than I was so it was a no brainer. But now things are not working with the business and we're moving back to where I have a business (although it's sporadic/ commission anyway so also unreliable) but it's going to take a few months because of our lease etc.

I need a job that I can start immediately and make at least 3000 a month. If I have to I'll make 2500 work. Does anyone have any ideas? I can work at a local grocery store but besides that I can't think of anything. The local jewish school is offering me a job but it's $8 an hour and only part time. My only real experience is real estate and data entry.

TIA!

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 2:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have a lot of experience as a realtor and I moved recently to get married and had to leave my real estate business to move. My husband was making a much better living than I was so it was a no brainer. But now things are not working with the business and we're moving back to where I have a business (although it's sporadic/ commission anyway so also unreliable) but it's going to take a few months because of our lease etc.

I need a job that I can start immediately and make at least 3000 a month. If I have to I'll make 2500 work. Does anyone have any ideas? I can work at a local grocery store but besides that I can't think of anything. The local jewish school is offering me a job but it's $8 an hour and only part time. My only real experience is real estate and data entry.

TIA!

Where are you located? If you are in NY you can apply at Hamaspik, Ohel, Hasc, etc and work with people with disabilities. If you are outside NY then you can check to see if there are agencies like these in your city and apply there.

gold21

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 2:25 pm
$8/hr? That's below minimum wage in many states.

Where are u located?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 2:28 pm
Charleston SC. There's a very small Jewish community here and that's part of why we're moving.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 5:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

TIA!

Did you send your resume to the national real estate places that have branches in Charleston?

Can you sublease your current place and move now for a better job, instead of when the lease is up?

Do you have who to stay by in your previous town? Can dh stay and finish the lease while you go back and stay with friends/relatives while you work?

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 6:07 pm
Just an FYI, $3000 a month is a take home of almost $19 / hour FT-40 hours /week. I have no idea what that would make your hourly rate need to be before taxes and the like. Not sure a supermarket is going to pay that.
Wishing you hatzlacha.

imorethanamother

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 6:28 pm
What about this;

https://www.indeed.com/viewjob.....vjs=3

Or this:

There's more on indeed.com .

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 6:32 pm
imstacart you shop and deliver grocerys instacart

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 8:11 am
imorethanamother wrote:
What about this;

Or this:

There's more on indeed.com .

Thank you very much, they're commission and take too long to pay, but wow I really appreciate you taking your time to check!! So nice of you!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 8:12 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
imstacart you shop and deliver grocerys instacart

That's a great idea I'm going to try it thank you!!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 8:12 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Just an FYI, $3000 a month is a take home of almost $19 / hour FT-40 hours /week. I have no idea what that would make your hourly rate need to be before taxes and the like. Not sure a supermarket is going to pay that.
Wishing you hatzlacha.

Thank you, that's a good point I appreciate it

imorethanamother

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 10:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you very much, they're commission and take too long to pay, but wow I really appreciate you taking your time to check!! So nice of you!!

I think the second link was salary, not commission based.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 11:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Charleston SC. There's a very small Jewish community here and that's part of why we're moving.

Charleston is one of the hottest real estate markets in the country... You can't find anything as a realtor? Send your resume and a strong personal statement to 50 different places, and you should hopefully get some bites.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 3:24 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
I think the second link was salary, not commission based.

Thank you, I applied. I think it's commission because most real estate jobs are but maybe I'm wrong. I appreciate it

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 3:29 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Charleston is one of the hottest real estate markets in the country... You can't find anything as a realtor? Send your resume and a strong personal statement to 50 different places, and you should hopefully get some bites.

Thank you, yes it's very easy to get a job as realtor the only thing is 99% are commission jobs plus I need a month to get a license. Most closings take at least 60 days so it's at least 3 months until I make anything. Which I'd do but since we're planning on moving back to where I already have a license I'd much rather make something now. But I really appreciate.

I've found a few things today that might do the trick for the next few months. Thank you again!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics