Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Im living under a rock!!!
Previous  1  2

honeymoon

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 8:21 pm
I watched parts of the event with my kids. If they want to watch, let them watch something that will give them an appreciation of Torah and being part of am yisroel. It was so beautiful.

I was thinking that if only hitler y''msh would be brought out of gehinom for a few moments to watch thousands of yidden across the globe rejoice with the Torah and with each other, that would be the biggest nekamah and the worst gehinom of all. Wow. Ken yirbu.

Fave

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 8:27 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
So much was powerful.
The siyum moments were so poignant - my kids really got them. Especially the man with ALS.
Davening - when it was silent.
Kaddish.
Kabbalas oil Malachus shamayim
94,000 + 20,000 with one thought and purpose.
Dancing
Remembering the kedoshim - chazan helfgot.

I actually thought they kept the speeches to a minimum and appreciated the English translation of Yiddish and Hebrew.

You really summed up the special highlights nicely.

I logged on to the livestream thinking that I’ll watch for 15 minutes. I ended up watching the entire event, with my kids joining me as they each came home from school.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 8:35 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Relax. Not everyone goes. To me it sounds like a huge yawn fest. I have no interest in going or watching a video feed, nor do I personally know anyone else who has. In fact the only placeI have seen anybody expressing interest is right here on imamother.

Yawn fest? Seriously?
I guess anything can be a yawn fest if that’s how you feel.

livinginflatbus

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 8:36 pm
I didn’t go but I was so excited about it . Even my boys who are young, went , and they loved it . And watching everyone daven together was so so inspiring. Mi kiamcha yisrael!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 8:50 pm
I went to a local live connection with a few 100 other people. It was wonderful!
And this evening I listened to this: https://www.torahanytime.com/#.....98584 Rabbi Yitzchok Breitowitz, Messages from the Daf Yomi Siyum. It offered wonderful perspective. About 40 minutes long.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:03 pm
I watched the hookup today. My older boys and husband went. I feel like today especially when there is so much anti semitism and hate and the news keeps getting worse and worse, the unity of so many frum Yidden celebrating and singing together was a tremendous source of chizzuk to me. I sang with my kids and danced in the kitchen with them. These are moment that remind us the power of our nation and the truth that we all strive for.
The stories were tremendously inspiring and touching.
Watching the tribute to the holocaust survivors was very powerful as well. It reinforced the feeling of unity and emunah.
Watching the Holocaust survivors made me cry. A lot. I thought of my own grandparents no longer alive, who lost their siblings parents grandparents and all the generations lost and felt tremendously consoled at the thought that all this learning was dedicated to an Aliyah for all those neshamos.
Watching the survivors also brought a frightening thought that at the next siyum there may Be few or none left. We are losing the last connection to that generation .
I walked away thinking that Mashaich must come. At such a display of respect and love for the Torah- it must move mountains Above!!

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 2:19 am
Sorry OP that you feel out of it
noone's gonna judge you for that
I know the feeling too as my life is very busy
I learned to just say
oh - this is something to 'follow'-
now I'll know!
Instead of thinking
jerk! why can't you just keep up with the times
Completing shas is a big thing
I wish I had married a man who intended to do so even once in his lifetime
sigh

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 2:43 am
DH didn’t go since he didn’t have anyone to go with and didn’t learn daf Yomi at all this cycle. He is learning a regular first Seder in the Mir. Next time, when our sons will be 13 and 15 we plans on taking them. We watched the live stream. I had ti bribe DD to go to bed, if she finishes her homework and cleans up her stuff, she could watch a speech. She was happy with that.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers