Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Arizona-cheap and short visit!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 10:10 pm
Hi I’m going to be in Arizona next week for only 2 full days-I know it’s not a lot of time, but better than nothing Smile can anyone help me with planning my itinerary? I hope to spend one day in the Grand Canyon area, what else is a must and doesn’t break the bank?
TIA!

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 3:05 am
If you’re coming from Phoenix keep in mind that the Grand Canyon is a significant drive. Make sure you know that as you may not want to spend most of your day in the car if you only have 2 days

DVOM

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 3:13 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
If you’re coming from Phoenix keep in mind that the Grand Canyon is a significant drive. Make sure you know that as you may not want to spend most of your day in the car if you only have 2 days

It took us about 4 hours each way to get to the grand canyon from Phoenix. It means spending a lot of your trip driving, but if it were me, I'd go for it. The drive is breathtaking, up up up into the mountains through cactus strewn desert. And the grand canyon is incredible.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 6:31 am
DVOM wrote:
It took us about 4 hours each way to get to the grand canyon from Phoenix. It means spending a lot of your trip driving, but if it were me, I'd go for it. The drive is breathtaking, up up up into the mountains through cactus strewn desert. And the grand canyon is incredible.

Right. I did it too and don’t necessarily regret it but I had several days there (was over Pesach) If I had 2 days im not sure I would do it

ssspectacular

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 7:07 am
Sedona is a gorgeous town on the way to Grand Canyon. Maybe you can stay there overnight and then drive the rest of the way.

doctorima

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 8:10 am
Assuming you're flying in/out of PHX, I'd say Sedona is a must, as it's only 2 hours away. Personally, I'd go for the GC as well, assuming you may not have another chance to see it again, but I'd also go to sleep and wake up early, as your daylight hours are quite short, and seeing these places in the dark is useless. If coming from LV, you could go via Page instead.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics