Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
How often is it the norm to change linen?
Previous  1  2  3

TravelHearter

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 1:52 am
I definitely don’t change it as often as everyone here posted. Life is BH quite busy, and it’s not a number one priority. I would love to do it no weekly or weekly etc but I think it’s quite fine to not change the linen that frequently! Obviously if it gets gross I change it, and I try not to wait until then lol, but driving my life crazy over this is not worth it. I don’t see how it makes such a difference to my life to be honest (unless the linen is dirty and gross etc)

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 1:52 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Yeah totally. Im glad someone finally said this. In the world of imamother if you can't change linen often often you should not be having kids. Dont u know?? ( tons of sarcasm intended)

I come here for entertainment. It doesn't get more comical.

Doing linen often is a bigger priority over having more kids in this forum.

U need a break from having kids? Sure no problem. All imas support that decision

U don't change linen every week?? That's terrible. ( lots of sarcasm)

Glad we can entertain you here on Imamother.

There are zero likes on the post you're responding to. You do realize that, right?

But sure, all of us here on Imamother support women who need a break from having kids while having a fit about frequency of linen laundry. If you say so.

Imamother, that entertaining site where the women all have messed up priorities. And are obsessed with linens. Or something.

Scratching Head

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 2:19 am
gold21 wrote:
Glad we can entertain you here on Imamother.

There are zero likes on the post you're responding to. You do realize that, right?

But sure, all of us here on Imamother support women who need a break from having kids while having a fit about frequency of linen laundry. If you say so.

Imamother, that entertaining site where the women all have messed up priorities. And are obsessed with linens. Or something.

Scratching Head

Exactly. The fact that I got very few likes just proves my point even more..I di dnt expect my view to be popular. I'd quicker change my linens twice a year than take bc so I can have time to change linen

I don't expect too many likes here either

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 2:25 am
Oh, I change everyone's linen every time I give birth.

So BC would really backfire for me.

(Yes, I'm kidding, but I am in the "rare linen changer, but frequent pj changer" camp. We usually wash pjs after every wear.)

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 6:50 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Yeah totally. Im glad someone finally said this. In the world of imamother if you can't change linen often often you should not be having kids. Dont u know?? ( tons of sarcasm intended)

I come here for entertainment. It doesn't get more comical.

Doing linen often is a bigger priority over having more kids in this forum.

U need a break from having kids? Sure no problem. All imas support that decision

U don't change linen every week?? That's terrible. ( lots of sarcasm)

secular seeping in. it's selfish if not every kid has a comp, a bike and c'v they share

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 7:32 am
Should I be embarrassed?? This will definitely be posted as amother!!

I do my linen once a Month
Towels every week

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 7:40 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Should I be embarrassed?? This will definitely be posted as amother!!

I do my linen once a Month
Towels every week

nah same for me, unless it gets soiled. It's not going to get more frequent unless I hire cleaning help, and I don't have a huge family, just work full time and have a lot of other things to do on Sundays. We shower at night.

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 8:32 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Exactly. The fact that I got very few likes just proves my point even more..I di dnt expect my view to be popular. I'd quicker change my linens twice a year than take bc so I can have time to change linen

I don't expect too many likes here either

Please re read my response to you.

I didn't say that YOUR post didn't get Likes (proving "your point" even more, that what, all the women on Imamother are linen-obsessed self-absorbed clowns?)

I said the post YOU REACTED TO didn't get Likes. The post that suggested that linens are the most important thing and should be taken into account when determining family size- that post, which apparently shows how stupid all of us on this site are, didn't get Likes. And therefore extrapolating from that one post to this entire site, like "Leave it to Imamother, birth control for all, clean linen comes first, I come here just to laugh at all of you for your messed up values, he he he" is ridiculous, since nobody actually agreed with that thought process.

Sorry if that makes us less entertaining. Cool

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 8:37 am
Ruchel wrote:
secular seeping in. it's selfish if not every kid has a comp, a bike and c'v they share

You could say that about anything.

Secular culture seeping in, you rely on cleaning help. My great-grandma in Checkoslavakia didn't have any cleaning help. Now go scrub your whole house.

(Yes my German great-grandma had cleaning help, but that was possibly secular culture seeping in.)

It's not selfish to take birth control breaks on an as-needed basis. That isn't secular culture seeping in. It's being human and treating yourself humanely.

How many people do you know that use birth control because they can't offer each child a bike of their own & a computer of their own?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 8:41 am
Gluckel of hameln had cleaning help
The imaos had "help"
It is crazy to say it is selfish to have several kids/if you can't give them this

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 8:41 am
Ruchel wrote:
Gluckel of hameln had cleaning help
The imaos had "help"
It is crazy to say it is selfish to have several kids/if you can't give them this

I don't think Bilha and Zilpa were cleaning ladies. Do you have a source for that?

I'm with you on the linen thing.
That's not secular culture seeping in though.
That's just messed up priorities.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 9:09 am
You think the maids didn't clean, but their mistresses did? That's not how it worked in any culture

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 9:55 am
Ruchel wrote:
You think the maids didn't clean, but their mistresses did? That's not how it worked in any culture

Is there a source for the idea that they had cleaning help?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 9:58 am
They had servants. I'm absolutely confused

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 10:14 am
Ruchel wrote:
They had servants. I'm absolutely confused

OK. Either way, I just think "secular culture creeping in" can be used to describe so many other issues in our society, birth control use is definitely not the first thing I'd attribute this to. Social media use, for starters. I can give a whole list if you're interested.

Cool

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 12:00 pm
I didn't write birth control. I literally only mean what I mean.

Odelyah

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 12:16 pm
I think there is a healthy range of what's fine and hygenic depending of lots of variables specific to each family-- really each person in the family. Variables like how often/what time of day they shower, how much they sweat at night, allergies are a big factor...

as far as a factor in determining family size, I'm pretty sure if you asked my younger kids if they would rather be alive and not have their sheets changed every single week, or not be alive, I think they would choose a.

(if you ask my older children if they would rather have grown up having their sheets changed weekly, or not have some of their younger siblings exist, they would probably say it depends which sibling Wink)
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children