Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Laser or electrolysis for sideburns?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 4:12 pm
My 18 year old daughter would like to do laser or electrolysis for her sideburns. I reached out to someone in Lakewood who said she does not do laser on sideburns, and would only recommend electrolysis for that area. Has anyone had success with sideburn hair removal? Which method would you recommend, and can you give me a recommendation of someone good in Lakewood, NJ for that?
Thanks so much!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 4:17 pm
Think electrolysis is better for specific areas like upper lip, sideburns..

tweety1

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 5:35 pm
I did laser. My sideburns responded the best from all other areas I did. Its the best self care I ever did for myself.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 5:36 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Think electrolysis is better for specific areas like upper lip, sideburns..

I did upperlip too. It never grew back. But it wasn't so bad to begin with so maybe it has to do.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 5:50 pm
Following.
Need to do for my 17 year old daughter.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:17 pm
Bump

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:19 pm
Can someone explain to me why (if it’s not a hair Covering issue) young girls have to do this? Or want to do this? I literally never heard of such a thing

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:12 pm
very scary, it can look unnatural...
I think with electrolysis they do it literally hair by hair...
so you can remove a few (if they're really low)...and then look in a mirror and see...
I would only do this if the sideburns really bother her or look unnatural!!
otherwise I would leave it!!

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:16 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Can someone explain to me why (if it’s not a hair Covering issue) young girls have to do this? Or want to do this? I literally never heard of such a thing

There's no issue with sideburns showing so it's never a hair covering issue. I guess maybe some people have very long sideburns and it's not aesthetically pleasing?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My 18 year old daughter would like to do laser or electrolysis for her sideburns. I reached out to someone in Lakewood who said she does not do laser on sideburns, and would only recommend electrolysis for that area. Has anyone had success with sideburn hair removal? Which method would you recommend, and can you give me a recommendation of someone good in Lakewood, NJ for that?
Thanks so much!

Don't remove them. It looks awful and bald if you do.
Laser will leave an unnatural look.
Do electrolysis if you have to.higher the hairline. It has a natural hair by hair look.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

fish

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:22 pm
I did lazer for sideburns and it worked great

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:40 pm
There is a recent post of someone regretting doing laser there
Do electrolysis slowly

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 1:39 am
Electrolysis!!!
I did laser. Never worked. Electrolysis cleared up my whole face and gave me such confidence. My hair was already thinned out by the laser by the time I started electrolysis at like 22. I’m 25 now. It took about 6 times to get cleared up and then I went religiously every few weeks to get rid of peach fuzz and thin hairs. Haven’t touched my face in over a year bH

Ugh best decision I ever did for my self confidence BH. It looks very natural idg what other posters mean.

momomany

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 8:12 am
I started with electrolysis (late 1980s) and it all grew back after my first child was born. I have fair skin and dark hair and I hated my obvious sideburns. I sprung for laser and was thrilled. I did.my very fuzzy neck too. This is about 15 years ago and I had 2 babies after I had it done, bh nothing came back. I had it done where I love in Brooklyn. The hairline is the place you have to be careful not to go too high or deep, otherwise it looks unnatural and bald

little neshamala

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 10:33 am
I have seen many women wearing tichels and you can see the sideburns were lasered and it looks absolutely freaky. Its a very unnatural look-all of a sudden you go from smooth, hair free skin, to a precise line of thick hair.
If you need to remove hair there, do electrolysis so you can do it hair by hair and make it more natural. Laser looks the way a lawn mower cuts grass-you see a very distinct line of difference, not a natural gradual hairline.

momomany

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 10:45 am
little neshamala wrote:
I have seen many women wearing tichels and you can see the sideburns were lasered and it looks absolutely freaky. Its a very unnatural look-all of a sudden you go from smooth, hair free skin, to a precise line of thick hair.
If you need to remove hair there, do electrolysis so you can do it hair by hair and make it more natural. Laser looks the way a lawn mower cuts grass-you see a very distinct line of difference, not a natural gradual hairline.

Many women have a smooth hair free sideburns area, so lasering it away doesnt look unnatural IMO. I am fair and not very hairy, so removing the runway of masculine hairiness at the sides of my face made me feel (and look?) awesome. My laser did not include the natural triangle of hair at my ears that is a part of the hair on my head. The laser made a nice round circular finish where that hair begins...no abrupt line. If a woman is hairy all over her facial area, then removing just the sideburns must look odd. Its important to go to someone with experience.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics