Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Most Useful Cleaning Supply

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 10:30 am
In lieu of a cleaning lady I would like to give myself more leeway with type and amount of cleaning supplies to actually get the job done. What is most useful in terms of supplies to get job done-can be anything from lots of paper towels/gloves to an actual cleaning appliance. Bathrooms are toughest to tackle for me. Thanks.

octopus

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 10:40 am
Clorox disinfecting wipes for the bathroom.

mha3484

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 10:45 am
1) A good vacuum. I used CC points for a miele bag-less and its really made life a lot easier. And I feel old for using CC points for a vacuum.

2) Steam cleaner is extremely useful

3) I like bona for mopping its more sturdy and you dont have to use disposable pads like swiffer but its not great for corners so its a good combo with a steamer.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 10:52 am
My steam cleaner completely changed how I view washing my floors. It's still annoying, but not the same dread that I used to have. Plus my floors are so much cleaner with it!

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 10:54 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
My steam cleaner completely changed how I view washing my floors. It's still annoying, but not the same dread that I used to have. Plus my floors are so much cleaner with it!

Which one do u have?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 12:42 pm
Most helpful shortcuts for me:

Roomba vacuum robot that you can set to work around the house while you are out (yes for home with hardwood and tile floors only).

Disposable flushable toilet cleaner wand.

Bar Keepers Friend soft cleaner to use with on stainless kitchen sinks, enamel stove stops & grates, and porcelain bathtubs.

Scotch Brite scrub sponges to use for the above (keep separate one in each sink and separate one in each bathtub in suction holder).

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Jan 05 2020, 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 12:43 pm
mha3484 wrote:
1) A good vacuum. I used CC points for a miele bag-less and its really made life a lot easier. And I feel old for using CC points for a vacuum.

2) Steam cleaner is extremely useful

3) I like bona for mopping its more sturdy and you dont have to use disposable pads like swiffer but its not great for corners so its a good combo with a steamer.

Bona does have disposable pads and a coordinating mop piece. I find that easier to use than the bona spraying mop which I have for wood floors.

lifesagift

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 12:46 pm
I personally dislike clorox wipes. I find a good bathroom spray like clorox 7 day clean n a microfiber cloth is just as good or better than the full tub of mr clean, n it takes no time

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 5:02 pm
Thanks everyone. Keep them coming! Love the suggestions.

m987

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 6:16 pm
- I keep Clorox wile containers in various spots in my apartment such as one in my bathroom and one in the kitchen and I find saving that minute of going to go get a rag and spray makes me more likely to clean.

- I love the superior mop (think that’s what it’s called) it’s like a swiffer and works with those pads but I just wet the pad it comes with and I can do a super quick mop in my kitchen or bathroom

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 6:36 pm
Ooh I've been thinking about the same q! I keep the chlorox wipes in kitchen and each br. Just bought a Swiffer in hopes It'll get me to sweep more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry