Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Using a public bathroom with baby
Previous  1  2

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 12:09 am
mothers are never allowed to need the bathroom LOL

honeymoon

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 12:26 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
mothers are never allowed to need the bathroom LOL

And on the rare occasions where they are human and go, all the kids must sit at the door and sing "mommy come out already" in a monotone, until mommy reappears.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 12:39 am
I bring an extra blanket and bag with me for just this scenairo... I bring the stroller with the baby up to the bathroom door, go in, put the blanket on the floor, take baby out of the stroller, go back in, close the door, put the baby down on it with his head as far from the toilet as possible (so he doesn't try to touch the underside of it) go as quick as I can, pick up baby, open the door, put him in the stroller and then get the blanket and put it right into the bag to be washed.

bluebaker

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 1:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I've had this issue a couple of times and was just thingking: there's gotta be some smart imas out there!
I was in a mall / department store and needed the bathroom. Had my little baby in the stroller. The handicap bathroom was unusable (as were half of the other bathrooms Laugh ) so I couldn't bring her stroller in with me.
How can I watch my baby while using the bathroom? Strangers are coming and going.
WWYD?

A baby carrier. It's this new thing. Very useful.

essie14

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 3:12 am
bluebaker wrote:
A baby carrier. It's this new thing. Very useful.

Yup. I always had one with me. Strap baby on and sit on the toilet.

amother
White

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 5:34 am
oh yeah. runnning errands with toddlers/babies can be a challenge. ones I unexpectantly got my period (think waterfall) in the post office. I was with a baby and toddler. first they wouldnt let me use their bathroom. after I convinced them, the bathrook was tiny. noone was willing to sit with my kids for 2 minutes so I had to leave my almost 3 year old watch the baby while I was trying to take care of the mess . there was NO paper so I ran in and out for babywipes, ...I finally just stuck a babydiaper in my tights pucked up my yelling toddler, onehandedly pushed the stroller out the post office walked 30 minutes home feeling the diaper awkwardly every step along the way and after we have finally arrived home I called it a day (at 2 pm Smile ). I texted dh that im nidda and when he came home that night from work he had brought chocolateiceream.

in NORMAL situations when using a public toilet usually they are decent at airports and malls, no? if the space is too small I ask a mother to watch my kid and I watch hers in return. with babyies its easier than with toddlers. and worst case scenario I hold the baby while I pee. very unconfortable ;(

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 8:02 am
I'm not a warrior. I can't carry a baby safely and wipe and stuff. Handicap stall/kiddy stall. Or yes I would probably ask someone. I don't remember having had to do it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics