Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Stinky feet in 13 yr old

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 12:18 am
my son has stinky feet.
cotton socks, new leather dress shoes, showers regularly, I dont see anything growing on his feet . any advice.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 3:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
my son has stinky feet.
cotton socks, new leather dress shoes, showers regularly, I dont see anything growing on his feet . any advice.

Its a normal teen stage. My son had it , I made him soak his feet @ night with little soap and I also got him 100% cotton socks that helped a lot. Its definitely a hormonal stage..its not uncommon. GL

DrMom

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 4:33 am
If his feet are particularly sweaty, then coolmax or other wicking fabrics may be better than cotton.

I've also found that bamboo fiber socks smell less.

Also: How about he uses some foot-powder in his socks?

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 5:29 am
Just read a Lifehack. That soaking feet in vodka could help. Haven't tested it, might be worth a try ?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 7:09 am
Is this a new issue? Could it be his shoes?
Dd had this 3 years ago and it turned out to be her really nice North Face boots. Out to the trash they went.

simcha2

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 7:36 am
Buy him a foot odor spray that contains zinc oxide. The smell is from a bacteria (no visible growth). Have him spray his feet twice a day and spray the shoes regularly. Should clear up quickly.

nchr

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 7:46 am
People with stinky feet should have at least two pairs of shoes, if you can afford it. That way he can rotate shoes and let them air out. There are medicated deodorant insoles for shoes that a podiatrist can give you. Have him wash his feet with baking soda or white vinegar once or twice to see if that helps.

singleagain

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 8:49 am
nchr wrote:
People with stinky feet should have at least two pairs of shoes, if you can afford it. That way he can rotate shoes and let them air out. There are medicated deodorant insoles for shoes that a podiatrist can give you. Have him wash his feet with baking soda or white vinegar once or twice to see if that helps.

This. I remember reading that sticky feet are bc sweat gets absorbed into shoes and it's really the shoes that smell and since the feet are in the shoes for long time, the feet get the odor also. Think about it, why do you rarely hear of girls with sticky feet... They typically change shoes more often.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children