Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Keep bedding folded in laundry?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 3:04 pm
Why keep bedding folded in laundry?
I know people say it creasing less that way and reduces ironing, but how is it supposed to wash well if all folded and then comes out of laundry STILL FOLDED?!
Like if you would hand wash bedding you cant expect it to wash it well if folded, you would open it up and swish it about..
Just saying.....

Odelyah

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 3:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know people say it creasing less that way and reduces ironing, but how is it supposed to wash well if all folded and then comes out of laundry STILL FOLDED?!
Like if you would hand wash bedding you cant expect it to wash it well if folded, you would open it up and swish it about..
Just saying.....

I've never heard of this and it doesn't make any sense. no it wouldn't wash properly like that..

and when when you strip the bedding to wash, it's not folded, so why would you then fold it before washing?

Scratching Head

also wait a minute you iron your bedding?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 3:20 pm
People might fold their bedding after it comes out of the dryer and place all the pieces into a pillowcase to keep things neat in the closet, but I doubt they'd fold it and then try to wash it.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 3:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just saying.....
why are you washing anything from the cupboard? Most people are washing bedding that is taken off the beds so not at all folded.
And who irons bedding? Never heard that.

chipmunks

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 3:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just saying.....

Huh? I would think it would crease it more on the folded parts. I also wouldn't feel like it was clean. If I saw it come out of the washing machine like that I would be tempted to rewash it! If you want to reduce ironing I would recommend getting a dryer with an easy iron setting. Lifesaver.

chipmunks

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 3:25 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
why are you washing anything from the cupboard? Most people are washing bedding that is taken off the beds so not at all folded.
And who irons bedding? Never heard that.

I've heard of it. If I had cleaning help I would be thrilled if they would iron the bedding. It would make me feel like we were in a hotel! Ironing is not my thing, though, which is why I don't do it, not because I don't think it would be great. Smile

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 3:29 pm
I live in UK, so many people do this here. Yes fold the bedding after taking off from the beds..... and wash it like that to avoid creases...
I dont iron bedding, just hang up to dry. ...

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 5:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I live in UK, so many people do this here. Yes fold the bedding after taking off from the beds..... and wash it like that to avoid creases...
I dont iron bedding, just hang up to dry. ...

I doubt people do this.
How about you start a poll addressed to UK mothers asking if they ever heard of such a thing?

mommyla

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 5:15 pm
I fold some of my quilt covers before putting them in the dryer. It prevents them from getting tangled up and not drying completely. But it’s just a loose fold, and that’s after washing, and they need to be folded again afterwards.

Otherwise, sounds odd!

s c

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 5:45 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I doubt people do this.
How about you start a poll addressed to UK mothers asking if they ever heard of such a thing?

I'm from uk and I've never heard of this! I wouldn't consider the bedding to have been properly washed all over.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 6:05 pm
I'm from the UK and always wash it out folded so it doesn't crease!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 6:12 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I'm from the UK and always wash it out folded so it doesn't crease!

Please explain this to us. Any YouTube videos we can watch?
Not that I need it, I buy linen that doesn't crease, but I am so curious!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry