Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Wedding gown options?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 2:35 pm
Mazal tov! A friend of mine is getting married and has a complicated figure to fit. She is small and slim but very large up top. Is it feasible for her to be fitted in a ready made gown? If so, any recommendations for gemachs or stores that would be good at fitting her? Money is an issue.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 2:37 pm
Most important is an excellent minimizer bra . They could cost around 100$ but makes every outfit look much nicer !!
You're so nice for helping her out

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 2:39 pm
I will make sure she gets one. But this girl is not just busty. I would estimate that she is a size 16-18 on top and a size 2everywhere else.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 2:47 pm
This was my issue too, busty and slim. I found a dress in an unexpected regular store and customized the sleeves and neckline. It was way cheaper than any wedding store. The fabric was somewhat elastic so it was tight on top( with the help of a minimizer bra), but no too tight, waist adjusted and then the skirt was loose.
It looked really nice, everyone was later asking me where I got it and couldn't believe when I told them it was a regular white dress just customized!
The seamstress plus the dress cost about $150!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 2:49 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
This was my issue too, busty and slim. I found a dress in an unexpected regular store and customized the sleeves and neckline. It was way cheaper than any wedding store. The fabric was somewhat elastic so it was tight on top( with the help of a minimizer bra), but no too tight, waist adjusted and then the skirt was loose.
It looked really nice, everyone was later asking me where I got it and couldn't believe when I told them it was a regular white dress just customized!
The seamstress plus the dress cost about $150!

If she could do that it would be amazing!

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 2:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If she could do that it would be amazing!

Yes, tell her not to discard going into regular stores, because we never know what we might find!

This store I found was a regular mall store with prom dresses. The one I found was on sale, simple, just added a few touches and looked amazing!

Before finding it I had gone to all the regular kallah stores and wasn't finding anything because the top had to be larger and everything just looked loose on the rest of my body, or they were too expensive and I was on a serious budget.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 4:15 pm
Scarlet, Do you recall what store it was?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 4:20 pm
Perhaps she can get a bigger size gown and take in the waist by a professional seamstress.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 4:35 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Perhaps she can get a bigger size gown and take in the waist by a professional seamstress.

Yes. This is what I did. I have size 12-14 shoulders and when I got married I had a size 8 waist. I bought a gown that fit my top half and the rest was taken in.

ROFL

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 4:39 pm
My daughter had a bra sewed into her dress and that had a really nice look for her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics