Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Yeshiva world’s take on vaccinations

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 3:39 pm
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 3:44 pm
It says sponsored content, so it's basically a paid ad.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 4:19 pm
TYW has a staunchly pro-vax stance. The article above was a paid ad. I vaccinate my children but thought it gave food for thought.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 6:31 pm
It has good points about the need to study vaccines against placebos but focused on death rates from the diseases and left out disability rates such as occurs with rubella in a fetus. Also, I think diphtheria has a bacterial rather than viral origin.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 11:33 am
Ha. They removed the link. Guess someone took the sponsors money and then realized what they posted or else they caved to negative pressure.
Hope they refund the sponsor!

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 5:52 pm
I listened to something today about Asara bteves. The word churban is from charav- to cut or disconnect. I thought about this:
The reason we fight with each other is because we don't realize we are really one.
We are lead to believe that we have to chose sides. In reality we all want the relevant and correct information. We can see where the yetzer hara is sowing separation - churban in this generation.
The speaker said if you change the order it's chibor- connected. We can bridge the rift with ahavas yisrael
where we find the biggest chasm it's really opportunity for connection

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 6:14 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I listened to something today about Asara bteves. The word churban is from charav- to cut or disconnect. I thought about this:
The reason we fight with each other is because we don't realize we are really one.
We are lead to believe that we have to chose sides. In reality we all want the relevant and correct information. We can see where the yetzer hara is sowing separation - churban in this generation.
The speaker said if you change the order it's chibor- connected. We can bridge the rift with ahavas yisrael
where we find the biggest chasm it's really opportunity for connection

Now that the outbreak is over, it is probably easier to make peace. One side didn't want to get sick for the sake of peace and the other didn't want the possible side effects of the vaccine for the sake of peace.
At this point, now that the illness has been contained, there is nothing to lose by demanding further research, particularly because new vaccines are being developed and they may be life-saving but we really need to know.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 6:58 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Now that the outbreak is over, it is probably easier to make peace. One side didn't want to get sick for the sake of peace and the other didn't want the possible side effects of the vaccine for the sake of peace.
At this point, now that the illness has been contained, there is nothing to lose by demanding further research, particularly because new vaccines are being developed and they may be life-saving but we really need to know.

Or not life saving, yet mandated by govt for every single child that is born
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics