Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
FT working Mama and back went out!

rachel0615

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 4:52 pm
I'm a FT working mom bh to a delicious active not yet walking 25 pound toddler. I am an elementary school teacher. I was in the hospital yesterday and home today from work. Is it bad that I am enjoying the quiet? My house is flying but for now I need to be able to sit with it and be okay with it. Hashem is helping me reach that goal fast!

I am young- anyone else throw out their back when they are in their mid to late 20s? Any tips on being a present mom and going back to work while on muscle relaxers that make you sleepy? And tips for keeping my house somewhat afloat? Getting cleaning help is not an option..tips of things I can do while not being able to bend so much would be helpful
Any tips or chizik is really appreciated!

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 5:11 pm
What’s your diagnosis?

rachel0615

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 5:19 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
What’s your diagnosis?

They think I pulled a muscle.

cbg

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 6:26 pm
Google McKenzie technique
It helped me a lot

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 8:52 pm
I know that in general, for back pain, the Sarno method works very well. If you have a pulled muscle, though, I'm not sure.

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 9:10 pm
sorry just now seeing this.....

I had a couple of surgeries 5 weeks apart and some plastic tubing going through my kidneys through my ureters to my bladder so I basically couldn't bend for like 6 weeks total. What I did was every time I did something very basic (made one dish and put it in the oven, switched one load of laundry, etc) I'd lay down with a heating pad for at least a half hour after. I had my husband do all the bending and in 6 weeks no mopping or dusting got done--- but he did dishes and groceries and load by load I did laundry (with him carrying it up and down). Some meals were made for us and some basic ones I could do myself even when I couldn't bend down to the oven hubby could.

So do a LITTLE when you can, and USE A HEATING PAD! Even at work.

If you MUST go back to work on muscle relaxers, please don't drive--- have someone carpool you.

How are you now?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 9:18 pm
I suggest a few sessions at a physical therapist to learn some exercises that you can do at home to relieve pain and strengthen your core. Some that come to mind are superman exercises and bridges. There may be some good stretches to learn too. Refuah sheleima

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 9:23 pm
1) try alleve. If you can find something that works without making you drowsy that's better
2) take it easy for a few days (even if that means your husband taking off )
3) if it persists, swimming or pt can help
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics