Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
How do you keep your recipes

e1234

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 4:59 am
mine are now in plastic sheets in a binder but it's falling apart.
I'm wondering if I should just by a new one and do the same thing.
the problem is often someone pulls out a recipe and doesn't put it back in the right place in the binder. (I have teenage girls that also use them)

how do you keep you recipes?
I'm looking for ideas

yonabets

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 5:44 am
I have the same "problem"

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 5:49 am
I bought a little photo album and write my recipes on those hard lined thick papers that fit right in them

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 5:53 am
I had a binder with sheet protectors but I found it inefficient and bulky. Ended up getting into Pinterest and found 90% of the recipes online. Absolutely gamechangjng!

e1234

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 5:58 am
I need to have physical recipes though

teachkids

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 6:04 am
Any system will have the issue of kids pulling out recipes and not putting them back. Only thing I can think of is a picture album and index cards where they use the whole album instead of taking out a recipe.
I use a binder and leave the pages in it while I work

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 7:03 am
Use the binder but have your teenagers type up the recipes so you can reprint at any time.

gold2

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 7:18 am
I have a massive file with all my recipes, some in plastics, some without. They are in separate sections, soups, sides, etc. I plan my menus at the beginning of the week and take out the papers at the beginning of the week and keep them with my shopping lists etc and put them back a week or two later.

For the few recipes which I make time and time again, I wrote out on a paper and stuck on the inside of my kitchen cabinets next to ingredients, then I don't have to schlep the whole folder. That idea is from Yael wiesner's home organizing course.

If anyone wants recipes I have loads and I still buy more recipe books b/c I enjoy them.

gold2

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 7:20 am
maybe you can tell them that they don't have to put the recipe back in exactly the right place but keep a box or tray or something for all recipes to go back into when finished and then you will put back in the right place after.

supersavti14

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:58 pm
I'm a bubby of 64 and have amassed thousands of recipes over my 42 year marriage. I just can't stop collecting them. I finally found a solution that works well for me. I downloaded an app on a tablet that I bought ONLY for my recipes called Recipe Gallery. I have spent 3 years scanning all my recipes into categories that I personalized for my use of ease(for example; I have Pesach; Pesach sides; pesach cookies, Fish, appetizers; you can do whatever you want. Believe it or not I have over 4,000 in there already. And you can email one to a friend if you ever need to. I LOVE IT!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics