Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Child psychiatrist in Lakewood
Previous  1  2

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 9:06 pm
You can request Dr. Rose, but he does have a 6-month waiting list. My pediatrician has a personal connection with him and is able to arrange an appointment immediately, but I don't know if all Drs in town are able to.
Ask your pediatrician....

ILOVELIFE

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 9:20 pm
amother wrote:
hes not in chemed. the np works with him. she discusses all the cases with him. dr. hirsh does not have the time to come down personally. whatever issues she has she forwards them to him.

Oh that’s different

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Feb 02 2018, 3:47 am
amother wrote:
You can request Dr. Rose, but he does have a 6-month waiting list. My pediatrician has a personal connection with him and is able to arrange an appointment immediately, but I don't know if all Drs in town are able to.
Ask your pediatrician....

I use dr fenster, is that the doctor your referring to? Do you have to use children's special hospital? Is he good with frum kids?

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 2:59 pm
Someon mentioned dr rose from cshospital. It's hard to follow up with him and hard to get appointments. Dr hizami I hear people are very happy with. So if your still looking this is the update I got.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 8:59 pm
Bump
Not the OP

I personally Gave up on insurance, but I would love to not have to drive to NYC for every appt.

Any suggestions? (Not Hizami)

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 9:04 pm
Same here. Following as I need for my son. Shaindel Parness isn't seeing new patients, both at chemed and privately

amother
Black

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 9:26 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
hes not in chemed. the np works with him. she discusses all the cases with him. dr. hirsh does not have the time to come down personally. whatever issues she has she forwards them to him.

Is this a new a NP at Chemed?

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 9:27 pm
The original thread is 3 years old. Chemed doesn't have anybody now currently

amother
Black

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 9:30 pm
I highly recommend Dr Zaidi in Freehold. He’s top in his field & very well respected. I know he’s expensive but he helped my son tremendously. I made many sacrifices to pay for it but it was worth it.

amother
White

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 9:38 pm
I’m a medical professional and I found Dr. Fenster (pediatrician) to be great at diagnosing and treating ADHD. I didn’t find a need to use a psychiatrist. I was told many times by other providers that there are no good psych NP’s or psychiatrists that take insurance, that’s BS. I understand that it depends on the diagnosis and comorbidities (ie. anxiety, ODD, OCD...) and that complex cases may warrent the need for a top level practioner. I worked with Dr.Fenster with great results immediately while my brother took his son to a “top psychiatrist” and he’s still working it out. some patients respond better and you find the right medication and dose with minimal side effects quicker. I don’t think you should have to pay out of pocket.

Hashem should send you the right shaliach and Refuah.

rakcna

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 10:24 pm
[quote="amother [ Azure ]"] Dr hizami I hear people are very happy with. So if your still looking this is the update I got.[/quote
]

Please be careful about using this provider. Feel free to PM me if you need information l’toelet. I am a child psych professional (sorry I am not seeing patients right now I am doing administrative and research work now), and there are some caveats to this referral.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:28 pm
Cmon be nice wrote:
Same here. Following as I need for my son. Shaindel Parness isn't seeing new patients, both at chemed and privately

Oh great. I was just referred to Shaindel Parnes.

I would be so sad to drive so far every visit but I need to decide as soon as possible.

malki2

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:33 pm
I once went to a child psychiatrist. It was such a waste of money—the kid didn’t know a thing!

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 12:07 am
Just wanted to mention that I called relief and went to n.y and paid top dollars to see a psychiatrist that I was not happy with!!!
Most often driving far from home and paying a lot of money is NOT the solution!!!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 12:16 am
Dr. Zaidi in Freehold is a bloody fortune but worth going into debt for.

wearingmycrown

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 1:10 am
Shaindel Parnes is accepting new patients in March

Cmon be nice

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 9:32 am
wearingmycrown wrote:
Shaindel Parnes is accepting new patients in March

Thanks!

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 9:37 am
malki2 wrote:
I once went to a child psychiatrist. It was such a waste of money—the kid didn’t know a thing!

As a parent of child who needs psychiatric care, I so don't find this funny. In fact, I find it downright insensitive.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)