Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Sloppy joe/meat sauce recipe

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 10:10 am
ISO a good sloppy Joe or meat sauce recipe. If anyone has spare time to post, I'd really appreciate it. TIA

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 10:13 am
Kosher.com has a delicious one. Search "kosher.com sloppy joes." It's the one served with pita.

jewishmom6

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 10:35 am
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....56745

Odelyah

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 11:17 am
If you are looking to make it from scratch I'm sure the recipes others shared are great. In our family pasta and meat sauce is my super easy shortcut dinner, and it's also most of my kids' favorite dinner, so win-win. I saute a couple cloves of chopped garlic for a min in a little olive oil in a sautee pan, and then add 1 lb. or so of ground beef right away and brown it, then I add about 2 large cans of Don Pepino sauce* and simmer, while making pasta. (It's also very good without garlic because it's well seasoned already--we are just big garlic fans.) my MIL also adds a few sliced mushrooms while it simmers-- delicious! It's really good served with microwaved frozen green beans on the side Smile

[I don't know if Don Pepino is available where you live-- it's really delicious and it's my kids' favorite sauce (most of them won't eat sauce with tomato chunks). It's all natural too and one of the few prepared sauces that don't have sugar. I buy it by the case since we eat a lot of pasta Smile But if not you can use any prepared sauce your family likes and it will still be very good!]

For sloppy joes, my mother used to make this as a quick dinner with the Hunt's sloppy joe sauce..

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 11:24 am
Thanx all. Can I make any of these with ground Chicken instead of ground meat?

jewishmom6

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 11:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

you can use this recipe.
https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-6435

I never tried it but looks really good.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 12:22 pm
Thanks, I'm interested in a recipe with tomato sauce.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 12:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Why not?

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 12:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I make the one posted by jewishmom6 with turkey and it's delicious. I'm sure chicken would work too. It's a great recipe.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 12:42 pm
Dining In cookbook has a good recipe.

happymom123

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 12:58 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Kosher.com has a delicious one. Search "kosher.com sloppy joes." It's the one served with pita.

I searched but haven't been able to find this, does anyone have the link?

ETA, found it! https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-4812

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 1:01 pm
Happy mom, it comes up right away when you search sloppy joe on kosher.com.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 1:01 pm
happymom123 wrote:
I searched but haven't been able to find this, does anyone have the link?

ETA, found it! https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-4812

https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-4812

shmosmom

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 1:11 pm
I saute onions, add some celery if I have some and sometimes a bay leaf. When translucent, I add the ground beef and wait about 5-7 minutes before adding a can of tomato sauce. Add one tablespoon brown sugar, and one squirt of ketchup. Cover and cook about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 1:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
ISO a good sloppy Joe or meat sauce recipe. If anyone has spare time to post, I'd really appreciate it. TIA

Just buy a can of Manwich. It’s really good.

gyf45

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 12:35 pm
Saute onion then add chopped green pepper cook more. add ground meat on med high sear, turn over and then break up pieces. When almost fully cooked add can tomato sauce, some brown sugar, couple spoons of tomato paste salt pepper and pinch cayenne pepper, tsp garlic powder and simmer 15 min. I made this up after getting nauseous from other recipes asking for ketchup, mustard or soy sauce. This is perfect

mha3484

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 12:49 pm
I find its an excellent way to get my kids to eat some spinach. If I throw in a few of the bodek balls they are usually chopped small enough to mix with the other ingredients and the red sauce covers up the green color.

MiriFr

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 1:45 pm
Sauté an onion, zuchinni, mushrooms, and tomatoes until all soft. Add ground meat/chicken whatever have you. Break up meat and kerp stirring until cooked through. Pour tomato sauce until all coated. Garlic, salt, pepper, sugar.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen