Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
In search of the perfect double stroller-does it exist?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 1:48 pm
I'm looking B'H to needing a double stroller. I want it to be narrow enough to fit through my narrow front door, I detest bucket seats, it has to be light enough for easy in and out of the car, and to take a car seat, since I drive everywhere.
I was going to get the mountain buggy duet because it ticks my boxes-narrow, fits car seats etc, until I actually tried to lift it and it was sooo heavy-there's no way I can lift that in and out of the car daily. The city mini double is too wide, uppababy, bugaboo etc are bucket seats, plus I don't really like having one underneath. I really liked the look of the city mini tour, but it doesn't seem to take car seats.
Anyone got any other suggestions for me?
TIA

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 1:49 pm
People love Valco

TravelHearter

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 1:56 pm
I have a Valco baby snap duo trend. Love it. Not too heavy at all, folds in on itself so that the material isn’t exposed to elements, it’s a one handed fold, fits thru doorways, can have two car seats w adapters (I have twin babies). Looks aesthetic as well.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 2:00 pm
I have no experience with it but have you checked out the lightest baby monster?

https://www.pishposhbaby.com/b......html

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 2:04 pm
I like the Zoe and it’s really light.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 3:37 pm
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the valco is available in europe, but it looks good. I'm going to look into the baby monsters-does anyone have it?

gande

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 3:48 pm
Check out the mountain buggy nano duo. Its a truly portable stroller but not sure if you can put car seats

Teomima

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 4:11 pm
Just want to chime in that it might be worth considering a stroller that doesn't take car seats, if it ticks your other boxes. Babies are in infant seats for just a fraction of the overall lifespan of a good stroller. It may take a moment longer, and wake a sleeping baby, but it's certainly possible to just take them in and out of their car seats. I've never had a stroller where I could just plop in the car seat and my kids and I have all done just fine.

turca

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 4:14 pm
*im assuming u are having twins.
Welcome to the mother of twins club!
I have 2 sets, BH.
For the beginning you’d probably be good with a double snap and go. U just put the car seats on the frame and fold out of/inside car.
When my older set was born, I got a mountain buggy urban ( I don’t know if they make it anymore). Very wide, heavy. I kept for walking around. For the car I got a double snap and go and it was great!
Haha obviously after they got older, I gave away both strollers. Was I crazy to think I’d have a second set?right ?
Wrong!
When the younger set arrived, I got a baby jogger city select. Google it and check all the options it has. It was a mountain buggy and a snap and go together in 1 stroller. It’s heavy and awkward! It’s a lot of work to fold it if u have 2 bassinets. If u have 2 sets, then u could fold it while keep the top seat on.
Today there are many more tandem strollers around. That type of stroller suited my needs the most.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 6:01 pm
ijh I will also need a double stroller and I can buy a bugaboo donkey secondhand for very cheap but I want to know if having 2 bassinets make it more of a shlep to fold for car use a lot?

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 6:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the valco is available in europe, but it looks good. I'm going to look into the baby monsters-does anyone have it?

The valco can't fit narrow doorways and checkout aisles. I have the baby monster. Love it except that it's very heavy to lift when folded. Easier to fold than the mountain buggy and it bounces up and down stairs well but when it's folded I can barely lift it

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 8:02 pm
I really enjoy my mountain buggy plus one!

It’s in the frame of a single, so it’s narrow.

I don’t think it allows a car seat. It does have a baby bassinet though.

Check it out.

miami85

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 8:14 pm
Did you try the Britax B-ready. I'm not sure what you mean by "bucket seats" but the nice thing is that the seat lifts off and while it's not super-light I was able to get it in an out of my mini-van trunk without too much difficulty and the 2nd seat folds down into the frame so it can stay put while you put it in the car. The official weight limit is 30lbs for the bottom, but I've had heavier kids in it without a problem. It's an in-line stroller so it fits in narrow doorways just like a single. We actually initially bought it b/c we had a regular doorway to our apartment that led to a single-file hallway and it fit perfectly. It's very versatile. You have to buy the bassinet separately but I think it still comes out cheaper than a lot of the other models. .

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 9:37 pm
Love my peg perego book for two. Get compliments all the time. I can even comfortably fit 4 in it. It's not designed for 4 but the seats and so good, deep and lay flat.

rotsjr

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 11:09 am
I have the vista uppababy and love it I got the mesa car seats which easily click into the stroller and into the car. I also got the valco double when my previous 2 were close in age but didnt like the side by side bec it wouldnt fit through anywhere

amother
Pear

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 2:59 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
The valco can't fit narrow doorways and checkout aisles. I have the baby monster. Love it except that it's very heavy to lift when folded. Easier to fold than the mountain buggy and it bounces up and down stairs well but when it's folded I can barely lift it

Hi, can you report how your baby monsters held up? Is it good for bouncing up and down the stairs? Thanks!

Lizzie4

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 3:04 pm
I'm obsessed with: https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jo.....RZDRM

It's narrow, it's super easy to get around things, It's strong. I've had it for 6 years and it's in great condition even though I live in Israel and I'm always shlepping it up stairs and elevators

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 3:11 pm
I know people are recommending different companies etc. There is a double stroller that tons of people recommended and my friend bought it. She was once taking up her double stroller up the steps and it closed with her babies inside. They gave her a new one. It does say not to take up a stroller with babies in it. But I don't know I don't like that..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics