Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Ilan High school, Deal NJ

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 14 2019, 9:33 pm
Hi does anyone have any info on this school? scholastic level, crowd..

amother
White

Post Sat, Dec 14 2019, 10:29 pm
Don’t have personal experience but what I do know is I only heard positive things-small, warm, teachers give individualized attention. School is mostly Sephardic (Syrian) with girls for the most part coming from Brooklyn or deal

penguin

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 12:48 am
They have a website which should give you some idea.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 7:20 pm
I live in Deal and hope to send my daughter to Ilan for high school. It’s not the easiest to get into if your child struggles academically. It’s an excellent school academically as well as spiritually. Mostly Syrian crowd and some girls don’t come from religious families and wear pants but don’t let that scare you because the girls come out of that school with a strong foundation and many do become religious. I’ve seen so much positivity and the teachers infuse the girls with Torah & good hashkafot. The girls have excellent middot. I’ve heard phenomenal feedback from friends who have sent and seen the types of girls firsthand.

japmom

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 10:17 pm
My daughter friend goes there and she loves it.

amother
White

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 9:02 pm
Bumping this up...

Does anyone know if this school gives breaks? Do they work with you financially?

Sebastian

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 9:09 pm
Not really.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 4:18 pm
Bump. what's the tuition ballpark?

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 10:58 pm
I live in a community that's not Deal, and some girls from my community go to Ilan. I think there is a minibus or car service from my area. The girls from here who go are mostly Ashkenazi, and they are bright,college-bound girls from lovely families. They are a definite minority in this Sefardi school, but they know what they're getting into and it works for them. I don't know how it really plays into their social dynamics. I get the sense the school has a lot of resources and if there's a subject a girl is interested in, they find a way to offer it. I am not sure what their extracurriculars are like, but they definitely have them.

It's cheaper than the local options and the out-of-community options that many kids from neighborhood choose. I think it's maybe in the $10-12K a year. Even with the transportation cost, it's certainly cheaper. I don't know about a building fund or other fees. I also believe you pay $1000 or so a year toward a 6 week trip to Israel late in senior year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics