Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Chipmunks, go to SLEEP!

chipmunks

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 11:41 am
That's right! I'm chipmunks, posting to myself! It's come to that point. Can't Believe It

I'm a big exhausted wreck! Then I listen to myself putting my children to bed. (Note: Not all of these are from tonight specifically. It's exaggeration. They were actually quite cooperative this particular evening, so only a couple apply for tonight. I'm not looking for advice on how to get my kids to sleep. This time. And I'm not actually this cranky. Smile )

"DS, go to sleep!" "DD, go to SLEEP!" and so on and so forth. "No, you do not need another snack!" "No, you do not need ANOTHER drink of water." "Tea? Now?!" "Oh, NOW you want to clean your room?! Really? Are you KIDDING? You are EXHAUSTED! Why in the world don't you WANT to sleep? If someone would tell me all I have to do is go to sleep I would be so, so happy! I'm doing you a favor!" "Okay, I will sing one more song, but outside of your room and if you dare to talk to each other through it the canary QUITS!"

And then...silence. Peace. I'm so, so tired. And I...rummage for a snack. Get another drink of water. Hmm, how about a tea? Oh no, how didn't I notice those dishes before?! And DD left her homework out on the table. Maybe I should just straighten up a little. Ooh, what's going on on imamother?

So let's put it to good use. Here's what's going on on imamother: Chipmunks, go to SLEEP! There. I feel better now. Thank you all!

chipmunks

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 12:36 pm
And it works! I'm in my nightgown, teeth brushed, face washed, water drunk, ready to say kriat shema...only about an hour later! Just...like...my...kids. Maybe that's how long it takes for my messages to go through, even to myself. Maybe it's genetic. But it worked! Sweet dreams!

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 1:02 pm
Foodie!! Don't eat until the fast is over!
(I think you're right!)

chipmunks

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 5:10 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Foodie!! Don't eat until the fast is over!
(I think you're right!)

I hope that worked, too! I actually thought of your discovery that we can PM ourselves when I wrote that. But a real post results in more accountability. Can't keep schmoozing for hours after you've become so sleep-deprived that you're publicly posting to yourself!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics