Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Importing a car from the US expenses

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 8:28 am
I’m planning an Aliyah, of course I’ll find out from nefesh b’nefesh but would like to also hear opinions from people. Do you think it’s worth it to bring our mini van to Israel? We’re finally finishing off paying for this car! It’s a Honda Odyssey minivan 2015. We’ll definitely need a car, we’re coming with kids and I don’t know if we’ll be able to afford to buy a new one. I just hope we don’t have to pay a ton for it when we move. What do you think?

essie14

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 8:35 am
I have several friends who have brought in Siennas and Odysseys (Siennas more common for some reason). From what I understand, getting parts for them to fix things is a big pain. If something needs to be imported from America to fix your car you could be without a car for a long time.
You will probably get more personal experience answers on a Facebook aliyah group.

grace413

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 10:45 am
Generally not considered worthwhile to bring in a car. First check if you'd even be allowed to; there are many restrictions on makes/models/years.

There is some tax break on new vehicles for olim.

Wishing you a smooth aliyah and klitah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions