Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
If you snack on veggies... or have veggie sides.
Previous  1  2

whewpy

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 8:38 am
Israeli salad will last a few days in fridge if you don't add the salt and oil. Just chop them up when you have time, put in a good container with cover in fridge and then add the salt and oil when serving

nchr

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 8:50 am
For raw stuff we like zucchini, kohlrabi and radishes. The small purple raddishes are obviously the easiest. For dinner sides I just throw veggies in with whatever I'm making

ldg

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 10:42 am
Frozen veggies are the easiest. Steam or saute green beans, brocolli, brussel sprouts from TJ... Also easy, cabbage pasta just saute a bag of coleslaw and add bowtie pasta. Or add a bag of coleslaw to meatballs. For snacks Persian cucumbers, baby carrots, baby peppers, snap peas with chummus, baby carrots. Stir fry veggies is also not too bad time wise, onions, mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, snap peas. Shredded carrot in a bag are easy to add to a salad or stir fry.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 10:52 am
Overtime cook has a recipe for Green Beans with onions and garlic roasted in the oven. I highly recommend.
How about veggie soups, that you can make in advance and freeze and pull out of freezer when you need it.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 11:30 am
If you are not eating enough fresh fruit and veg, invest in a helper - and a bunch of ziplock baggies. There are salad containers that will keep leafy greens fresh for up to a week, as long as they are washed and dried really well in a spinner first.

Once a week I go to an elderly couple and do several hours worth of checking and prepping all of their food for the week. They are vegan, so that's a lot of produce.

I charge twice as much as I do for babysitting, and we are all happy with the arrangement. They consider it money well spent, and I enjoy hanging out in the kitchen and schmoozing.

Preparing food is one of my Love Languages, and with no one at home for me to cook for, this is emotionally satisfying for me, too.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking