Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Recipe using frozen club steaks?

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 3:19 pm
I have club steaks in my freezer that I’d love to serve for dinner tonight. Anyone have a recipe that can be made in four hours? Or is it better to defrost fully in my fridge until tomorrow night?

greatgirl

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 3:42 pm
The other night I used frozen club steaks and it came out tummy. Put the frozen club streaks in a tin. Sprinkle both sides with some salt and pepper. Then cut onions-into rings and cover all the steaks with it. Cover and bake on 375-400. (I may have sprayed the pan first)

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 4:24 pm
greatgirl wrote:
The other night I used frozen club steaks and it came out tummy. Put the frozen club streaks in a tin. Sprinkle both sides with some salt and pepper. Then cut onions-into rings and cover all the steaks with it. Cover and bake on 375-400. (I may have sprayed the pan first)

Thanks, how long did you bake for?

greatgirl

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 4:40 pm
I think I baked it on high Dow at least an hr and then lowered to 300 till I used is about 2 hrs later. I opened it a couple of times to baste it.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 4:47 pm
tigerwife wrote:
I have club steaks in my freezer that I’d love to serve for dinner tonight. Anyone have a recipe that can be made in four hours? Or is it better to defrost fully in my fridge until tomorrow night?

Remove then from the package so they defrost faster. Seal in a Ziploc. Dunk the Ziploc into a bowl full of cold water. Flip the Ziploc after an hour.
Once thawed, season generously with chili powder, garlic and salt and broil for 6 minutes on each side.

lilies

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 4:52 pm
Or pan-fry after defrosting.

dankbar

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 10:50 pm
I have a yummy recipe with balsamic vinegar & shallots. let me know if you are still interested
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics