Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Please help me make a decision: WhatsApp or no whatsapp
Previous  1  2  3

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 8:42 pm
watergirl wrote:
Literally not one of my contacts has EVER put up a status. Its just not a thing.

They probably do but you dont know where to find them?
I'm also signed up for statuses by Kol Haolam, YWN, SimchaSpot, RaizysCookin, N'shei News, JM Live, and a whole host of others. It's my bedtime entertainment...

watergirl

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 11:41 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
They probably do but you dont know where to find them?
I'm also signed up for statuses by Kol Haolam, YWN, SimchaSpot, RaizysCookin, N'shei News, JM Live, and a whole host of others. It's my bedtime entertainment...

I do know where to find them. No one has.

lilies

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 6:28 am
My guess is, it's those that stick to the strict filtered internet, in circles where having access to the web is frowned upon, that mostly use statuses. Whatsapp would be the outlet the internet is for others. They don't mind wasting time on whatsapp, that's half its purpose. Other half being business, so it's 'allowed'. Cognitive dissonance.

When signing up for whatsapp within those circles, you're essentially signing up for hourly distractions of funny clips, news, ads, and whatnot.

watergirl

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 7:52 am
watergirl wrote:
I do know where to find them. No one has.

Lol I take it back! I just checked this morning. My daughter’s friend has a status. So I stand corrected. Out of all of my contacts, one person has one. A teenager. I’m not hinting at a maturity level of status updates with this comment, please don't take it that way. Just that its not done across the board. Like how Mama Bear assumed my contacts are putting up status updates and I just don't know where to find them. Its just not a thing for the people I deal with.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 7:53 pm
watergirl wrote:
Lol I take it back! I just checked this morning. My daughter’s friend has a status. So I stand corrected. Out of all of my contacts, one person has one. A teenager. I’m not hinting at a maturity level of status updates with this comment, please don't take it that way. Just that its not done across the board. Like how Mama Bear assumed my contacts are putting up status updates and I just don't know where to find them. Its just not a thing for the people I deal with.

Like someone said upthread, it's mostly used by the chasidishe crowd, it's like the 'kosher' instagram bc it's only your contacts.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics