Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Anyone interested in Dr Koslowitz targeted parenting class?

lovemykid!

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 8:59 am
I’m looking into doing this parenting class, for the highly reactive child. I spoke to Dr. Koslowitz’s assistant and was told that Dr Koslowitz doesn’t arrange groups but if we can get a group of 10 together she will do the class. It will be offered online only, via live video session. It is 12 sessions at $60 per class. I really think it will help with my son so I am trying to see if there is anyone else who is interested so we can start a course. I have a friend who wants to do it so we need 8 more. Anyone who is interested please PM. Thanks!

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 10:29 am
I'm the poster that inquired about the course. I might be interested but I won't be able to do evenings due to the time difference.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 10:43 am
I am interested.
Is it 60 for all the classes or 60 per class?
What time of the day will it be?

60×12= 720. Too much money Sad

runninglate

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 11:34 am
What exactly is meant by highly reactive child?

lovemykid!

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 1:16 pm
amother wrote:
I'm the poster that inquired about the course. I might be interested but I won't be able to do evenings due to the time difference.

Ok so I was thinking of doing evenings but maybe we can try to figure something out that will work for you. Maybe it can be recorded, I’ll find out.

lovemykid!

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 1:18 pm
amother wrote:
I am interested.
Is it 60 for all the classes or 60 per class?
What time of the day will it be?

60×12= 720. Too much money Sad

The price is $60 per session. I was looking into doing private parent management sessions with Dr. Koslowitz and that is approx $250/300 for one session. So while $720 is costly, it is 12 sessions and it’s specifically targeted for more challenging children. She has really positive reviews here on imamother (do a search) and I love what she writes in Binah.

lovemykid!

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 1:20 pm
runninglate wrote:
What exactly is meant by highly reactive child?

There are different categories of children that she does the course with: cautious child, socially awkward, etc. The highly reactive seems to fit the description of my child the most- moody, low frustration tolerance, immature, doesn’t take responsibility etc.
You can definitely call her to inquire more specifically about the categories. ‭(732) 364-3111.
Please pm me if you or anyone you know may be interested. I’m having a hard time with my son and I’m just trying to do my hishtadlus to see if we can a group started and hopefully learn some tools that can help!

seeker

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 3:43 pm
I looked into this a while back, unfortunately I wasn't able to get a group together at the time and I didn't pursue it, I just wanted to add my opinion that she (or her assistant? Whoever I spoke to, it was years ago) was very helpful in figuring out which "type" of child I was dealing with and which program would be most helpful.

I also have heard great reviews of her and think highly of her writing. I'm a very critical reader.

lovemykid!

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 9:36 am
Thanks seeker for that info. I just wanted to follow up- I spoke to Dr Koslowitz’s assistant this morning and she said that the live classes are recorded so if the time doesn’t work for you you can listen at a later time. She also said there is a call-in number for anyone that prefers phone or doesn’t have internet.

ludicrous

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 11:47 am
if we could get it closer to 500 dollars I would possibly be interested

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 10:43 pm
Did this ever happen? I would be interested

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 10:57 pm
At that point it was too much money but right now if we can make a payment plan then I'll do it.

Sundays or Fridays work best for me.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 12:03 am
Did you manage to get a group together for your class? How did it go?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics