Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My 4 years in pain when having bowl movement

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 11:50 pm
My daughter cries in pain when having a bowl movement. At first I thought it was constipation but she says it hurts alot when I wipe her too.
I dont c any thing and there’s no blood to suspect a cut.
What can it be? How do I help her?

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 12:25 am
Could be constipation.
My 3 1/2 yr old daughter has been going through it since succos. She doesn’t often have blood. Only when really bad. And it got worse because the pain scared her and she started holding it in and was scared to go.

I strongly suggest discussing with your dr how to fix now. Because the longer it goes on the harder it is to fix.

I found mineral oil daily and using bactriban on the back side when there was pain wiping helped tremendously.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 12:31 am
Interestingly, for me, if I have a very large/hard bowel movement, it is not terribly painful, although difficult to pass.

But the NEXT time IS painful, and the whole area is sore and sensitive. It could be that it causes small fissures inside, or gets swollen, and then it can be very painful.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 7:13 am
Miralax or benefiber. Like another poster said, the longer this goes on, the worse her fear of having a bowel movement will get, and she'll get into a bad cycle of where she'll hold it in due to fear and then she'll be even more constipated. Talk to her pediatrician.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 8:54 am
YouTube “the poo in you”
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics