Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
DD comes home wet from school!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 5:55 pm
DD started first grade this year. She comes home wet from school almost every day. I am at my wits end! She has had some trouble keeping dry during the day for awhile now (slightly wet panty several times a day, depends how distracted she gets), never has an issue at night tho, but now her afternoon teacher is very strict about letting her out of class to use the bathroom and she comes home soaked! She smells! My heart goes out to her but I don't know how to help her!

lilies

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 5:59 pm
She needs to be able to leave the classroom whenever she needs to go. Call the teacher.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:01 pm
Thanks. I'm going to do that.

lavenderchimes

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:14 pm
Have a talk with the teacher. Find out what the "rules" are, and if she has any suggestions. Maybe you need to stress to your daughter the importance of going when you have the chance and not waiting until it's urgent. Or maybe you need to stress to the teacher that she isn't being reasonable with six year olds. Or maybe a combination of both. But try approaching it as "I have become aware of this problem and need your help finding a solution." I'm sure you'll get a better sense of the situation once you talk to the teacher.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:21 pm
Definitely call the teacher. Have her tell your dd that she can leave the classroom anytime she needs to use the bathroom. She should encourage her to go ten minutes before dismissal too.

justforfun87

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 8:55 pm
Urinary incontinence at this age is often attributed to constipation. I would make an appointment with her doctor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics