Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Help! I was scammed and scammer is turning it around on me
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 9:32 pm
I purchased something very expensive on ebay and received a fake. I opened a case and the seller is claiming that he sent a real product and and that I am a scam buyer who will keep the product and return a fake.

I have already contacted ebay about this and explained whats going on. But this scammer is really scaring me, claiming he has proof he is right and saying he will ‘win’

Help! I am terrified and don’t know what to do.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 9:34 pm
As far as I know, eBay rarely takes the side of the seller.

lucky14

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 9:35 pm
I doubt he'll win. What kind of proof can he have? Did you pay with credit card or PayPal? I'd contact cc if you paid by cc. Does the seller have ratings or reviews? Are you certain it's a fake?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 9:37 pm
Paypal offers 45 day buyer protection. Your credit card company should be able to help you out, too.

Sorry you got burned like that. There are a lot of scammers out there, so I never buy things that are really expensive yet difficult to verify. (I'm pretty sure anything that ships from China is not a real Rolex, etc.)

lucky14

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 9:37 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:

That's what I'd think.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 9:43 pm
More like he knows he won't win so he's trying to bully you into retracting your claim.

Just continue the process and make sure to escalate the claim when that option is available.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 9:46 pm
Quote:

Agreed. I have been a seller on ebay for more than 10 years and it is almost impossible for a seller to win a case. Just follow the process and don't worry about it too much

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 9:52 pm
Thank you so much for all the replies! Maybe this will help me sleep at night

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jan 09 2020, 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 9:54 pm
lucky14 wrote:
I doubt he'll win. What kind of proof can he have? Did you pay with credit card or PayPal? I'd contact cc if you paid by cc. Does the seller have ratings or reviews? Are you certain it's a fake?

I paid with paypal. I contacted them also, they said to call back if I am not successful with my ebay claim.

It is a diamond . It looked off. Anyhow I wanted to appraise it for insurance purposes, so took it to be appraised and the jewelers were looking at each other and then told me its a fake.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 9:58 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
More like he knows he won't win so he's trying to bully you into retracting your claim.

Just continue the process and make sure to escalate the claim when that option is available.

Thank you so much. I hope that is the case. I feel like I’ve been framed . He is calling my case ‘accusations’ and says he has ‘enough proof that you (as in me) will not win’

I am so naive! I cant believe I've been scammed . And even worse is the scammer claiming that I am the scammer. I am so stressed out

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 10:00 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Paypal offers 45 day buyer protection. Your credit card company should be able to help you out, too.

Sorry you got burned like that. There are a lot of scammers out there, so I never buy things that are really expensive yet difficult to verify. (I'm pretty sure anything that ships from China is not a real Rolex, etc.)

I shouldn't have purchased it Sad The guy provided a ‘receipt’ and so I trusted that.

PSA to everyone , ebay is risky!

meme6

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 10:08 pm
If eBay doesn’t refund you then try PayPal they always give back money

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 10:10 pm
meme6 wrote:
If eBay doesn’t refund you then try PayPal they always give back money

Should I be scared that the seller has my address?

(He had it for shipping reasons)

meme6

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 10:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Should I be scared that the seller has my address?

(He had it for shipping reasons)

Nah

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 10:55 pm
You can contact your state attorney general.

Sebastian

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 10:56 pm
Dw about it. If the seller is in the US and keeps harassing you, threaten to press charges.

real israeli

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 11:04 pm
I purchased a computer program on eBay and it was from a scammer as well. He kept telling me to retract my claim and that I was trying to steal the program from him now that I have the numbers etc. I stood my ground, reiterating how I know he’s a scammer. eBay refunded me after the requisite wait time.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 11:07 pm
southernbubby wrote:
You can contact your state attorney general.

What is that?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 11:07 pm
real israeli wrote:
I purchased a computer program on eBay and it was from a scammer as well. He kept telling me to retract my claim and that I was trying to steal the program from him now that I have the numbers etc. I stood my ground, reiterating how I know he’s a scammer. eBay refunded me after the requisite wait time.

Ok that makes me feel a bit more hopeful

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 11:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What is that?

Zara's scammed my daughter so I contacted the NY State attorney general and they intervened. You can look them up online but they protect consumers.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics