Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Debate on women learning Gemara s/o
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Jan 10 2020, 2:45 pm
malki2 wrote:
You’re not the first person to have made that comment to me.

I was going to say this before, but I’ll say it now. I tried to contribute to this forum, and I know that I have ruffles some feathers. But the truth is that I have not always enjoyed the pile-on that occurred every now and then. I know that I was partially to blame, but some people here have also gone way over the top on the things that they said to me, and it’s been pretty hurtful sometimes. I may not be from the same school of thought of some of you, but I definitely have what to say and I really think that I have not always been treated fairly here. I’ve tried to tone down my rhetoric recently, and I hope that you guys will do the same. Have a good Shabbos everyone.

This is the usual ploy from posters like you both here as well as in real life debates
First they spew all sorts of nonsense, that was clearly not thought through.
Usually just drivel they think they heard in seminary..
Then once you nail tgem to the wall, and they know they are full of it, and everyone else sees it.. Suddenly they cry foul...Boo hoo hoo everyone is being mean to me

I just want to point out one thing..
You keep saying tiflus..

The loshon ha Gam is CILU TIFLUS
C ILU TIPLUS.... " its like tiflus"

You know what is worse than that ... Tiflus mamash....
You know what is even worse.... kfira

Many many women I know are constantly saying things that are total apikorsus because they know so little...

malki2

Post Fri, Jan 10 2020, 2:51 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
This is the usual ploy from posters like you both here as well as in real life debates
First they spew all sorts of nonsense, that was clearly not thought through.
Usually just drivel they think they heard in seminary..
Then once you nail tgem to the wall, and they know they are full of it, and everyone else sees it.. Suddenly they cry foul...Boo hoo hoo everyone is being mean to me

I just want to point out one thing..
You keep saying tiflus..

The loshon ha Gam is CILU TIFLUS
C ILU TIPLUS.... " its like tiflus"

You know what is worse than that ... Tiflus mamash....
You know what is even worse.... kfira

Many many women I know are constantly saying things that are total apikorsus because they know so little...

I’ve never been nailed to the wall, though. At least not in this debate. Sorry. Sorry that you couldn’t reciprocate. I guess the truth hurts sometimes.

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 4:13 pm
I am op of the other thread. I haven't read all of this thread, just the last post. And I am very distressed to have contributed to causing such a fight among Jews. Will you please all stop.

penguin

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 7:51 pm
I feel like this needs its own thread, but here goes:

We have many discussion here on many topics. Some subjects revolve around opinion and some around perceptions of facts. (And while you get to have your own opinion, you really don't get to have your own facts, although your reaction or attitude to the facts can certainly be your own.)

Sometimes it's a discussion of minhag or chumra or anything that's not a clear outright halacha accepted by all segments of Klal Yisroel (NOBODY is saying just a little cheese on your hamburger, less than 1 in 60, is allowed in their circles, is the best example I can think of at the moment.)

In those cases I think we need to have guidelines, and perhaps Yael can review this idea nd pin something like this:
We need to learn to do the following:
a. Be respectful of the mesorah of other legitimate Torah observant groups.
b. Express our understanding as "This is what my group holds." or "This is what I was taught."
c. If you wish, ask respectful questions about how other groups hold.
d. We may also ask respectful questions about how those in other groups experience the practices of their group ("How do you really feel about shaving your head, if I may ask?")
etc.

Yael

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 9:00 pm
I think it’s time to close the thread with the understanding that different people think and hold differently and that’s ok.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics