Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Door Mounted Organizers only for cabinets w no shelves?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 6:01 pm
Door Mounted organizers for storing Plastic bags, Aluminum foil, and parchment paper rolls, etc are only for cabinets w no shelves?

My cabinet doors have no space between backs of doors and shelves. If Id put these organizers into cabinets with shelves, my cabinets wouldnt close.

Amarante

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 6:40 pm
Those style are generally meant to go on the doors of a sink cabinet which has no shelves.

There are lots of ways to improve storage capacity though depending on what you need to store. You can maximize what you do have.

If you have shelves on lower cabinets, the best investment you can make in terms of optimizing storage is to install rollout shelves. Those enable you to really use every bit of the shelves as you can easily get stuff at the bottom back of the cabinet.

cbg

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 6:45 pm
Some organizers go between the shelves
So the shelf doesn’t touch it
But it does take away shelf space

precious

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 7:02 pm
I put something like that straight on the wall

zaq

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 7:40 pm
Some cabinets have recessed shelves so there is space between the shelf edge and the door. My shelves are full depth, but I do have one small, narrow organizer thingie on one door. What that means is I can’t use the full depth of the shelf because I have to leave space for the thingie on the door. But to me it’s worth it not to have to move a row of items in the front of the shelf to see what’s in the back. An item like the one in the picture I couldn’t use.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 8:48 pm
All bottom cabinets that I've seen can accommodate such mounts. The cabinets are designed for deep items such as pots on the bottom and shelves that aren't as deep on top, so it's easier to reach things.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 8:55 pm
I need to store them in the top cabinets. Im looking to organize rolls of silver foil, parchment paper, (both in boxes), boxes of asst sizes of plastic bags, and I dont want to bend every time I need any of those things, which is pretty often.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics