Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
(affordable) Kashered liver in Jerusalem

Aberdinah

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 3:13 am
I know I could kasher liver myself if I wanted to, but where can I buy it reliably all year round for a reasonable price? My husband got in a makolet in Beitar Illit for 18Nis for a tub (if he remembered correctly) - generally IF its in Osher Ad Talpiot it's 32NIS (sometimes they also sell a different brand that's about 25). But most of the times I am in there they haven't any in stock, even in the freezer.
Is there a butcher or whatever in Geula/Meah Shearim/somewhere else haredi where I could stock up once a month or so that is 25NIS a pack or cheaper? Or does it on site (like I used to buy it in London)? I don't want to get in a restaurant because it needs to be reliably gluten free.
Thankyou so much in advance!

gingertop

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 3:37 am
You got unkashered liver in Beitar or kahsered and cheaper? Because afaik, the hechsherim do not allow any selling of the unkashered version here because they won't give a hechsher on something that is not (yet) kosher.

In Geula, the cheapest place is probably m'kol halev which is on Rabbeinu Gershom.

r1

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 5:33 am
Hackers sells. Any of the Chicken places should sell. You need to price out the ones you can get to

Aberdinah

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 11:41 pm
gingertop wrote:
You got unkashered liver in Beitar or kahsered and cheaper? Because afaik, the hechsherim do not allow any selling of the unkashered version here because they won't give a hechsher on something that is not (yet) kosher.

Unkashered is very easy to get in any supermarket (fresh or frozen) in Jerusalem. In the UK you couldn't buy it unkashered. My husband got kashered for cheaper in Beitar.

gingertop wrote:
In Geula, the cheapest place is probably m'kol halev which is on Rabbeinu Gershom.

I'll give it a go! Thankyou so much!!

Aberdinah

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 11:45 pm
r1 wrote:
Hackers sells. Any of the Chicken places should sell. You need to price out the ones you can get to

Thankyou! I will try there too. I need specific places to try (names or addresses) because in my area we don't have any 'chicken places' so I don't know where you mean. I'm not at all familiar with areas outside of Talpiot/Arnona/Armon Hanatziv and the centre of town.

mochamix18

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 11:53 pm
Aberdinah wrote:
Thankyou! I will try there too. I need specific places to try (names or addresses) because in my area we don't have any 'chicken places' so I don't know where you mean. I'm not at all familiar with areas outside of Talpiot/Arnona/Armon Hanatziv and the centre of town.

Try Zol U v Gadol in Meah Shearim. It’s just past Manny’s Bookstore to the left. I usually buy גלאט עוף . I don’t remember how much it was for the container.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 3:41 am
gingertop wrote:

A lot of the liver sold here is not kashered.
Please make sure to check your packages

Aberdinah

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 11:38 pm
mochamix18 wrote:
Try Zol U v Gadol in Meah Shearim. It’s just past Manny’s Bookstore to the left. I usually buy גלאט עוף . I don’t remember how much it was for the container.

Thankyou so much!

mochamix18

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 1:00 am
Aberdinah wrote:
Thankyou so much!

Pleasure Smile You lucked out there then?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions