Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Bed wetting

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 10:03 pm
Hi, my 7.5 yr old son is still having issues at night bed wetting. It really bothers him and I want to hear from ppl what they did that was effective that the child ended up waking up on their own to use the bathroom in middle of the night or not going at all till the morning.... he’s a really deep sleeper and I drag him out of bed to use the bathroom two times for him to wake up dry in the morning...

perquacky

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 10:42 pm
Take your child to a urologist to rule out any issues.
There are special bed-wetting alarms you can try. And ask about Desmopressin.

#1 Best Mommy

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 9:01 am
I took him to a urologist a few years ago and Bh everything is fine. He is a very deep sleeper and it also runs in both our families

happy chick

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 12:48 pm
im actually dealing with the exact issue right now as well. its upsets him terribly, its just beyond his control. I took to a urologist who gave me a few things to try, but none worked. im skeptical to try meds. has anyone tried an alarm (what kind)? or any other tricks that worked?

Iymnok

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 12:52 pm
I am used therapee from Dr. Sagie. Bedwettingclinics.com
It’s a comprehensive system. It worked for dd (she was 8). Now I’m using it for my boys. I am very impressed by it.

happy chick

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 1:00 pm
Iymnok wrote:
It’s a comprehensive system. It worked for dd (she was 8). Now I’m using it for my boys. I am very impressed by it.

thank you. I dont find it on amazon and the website you gave seems to be support for after purchase. where do I get it? or would you be able to send me a link?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 1:06 pm
happy chick wrote:
thank you. I dont find it on amazon and the website you gave seems to be support for after purchase. where do I get it? or would you be able to send me a link?

TheraPee - The World's #1 Bedwetting Solution https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O.....E86KQ

Thinking of trying it for my 7yo but it’s $300...

happy chick

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 1:09 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
TheraPee - The World's #1 Bedwetting Solution https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O.....E86KQ

Thinking of trying it for my 7yo but it’s $300...

ooh! ouch!! any other more economic-friendly treatment options?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 1:09 pm
#1 Best Mommy wrote:
I took him to a urologist a few years ago and Bh everything is fine. He is a very deep sleeper and it also runs in both our families

If it's hereditary, you're just going to have to wait for his body to mature. The nerves and muscles are either ready to send the signal to the brain, or they need more time to get to that point.

I know a family like this, and both their boys and girls wet the bed until they were about 14. Super deep sleepers, every one of them. Alarms and medication did nothing, and neither did restricting liquids after 7pm.

I suggest you make things as easy as possible for your son. Tell him that some people's bodies are like that, and that it's not his fault. Ask him how he wants to handle things, and then respect his wishes. Treat it like a "situation", and not a "problem". It's just a thing, and it will pass eventually.

oneofakind

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 6:52 pm
Jersey care covers it. Maybe try a medical supply place?

happy chick

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 10:50 am
oneofakind wrote:
Jersey care covers it. Maybe try a medical supply place?

unfortunately, ny does not cover it

cinnamon

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 10:57 am
I tried the alarm for dd (12) several times and it didn't work. She is now on Desmopressin and it works great for her. She is on it for about a year and is down to three times a week. I hope to wean her off completely in the next year or so.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 11:02 am
happy chick wrote:
ooh! ouch!! any other more economic-friendly treatment options?

Waiting

Iymnok

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 12:51 pm
I’m in israel. It is mostly covered by meuhedet C. Ask your insurance.

happy chick

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 4:40 pm
Iymnok wrote:

im actually thinking about splurging on this alarm. would you be able to tell me briefly how it works? im not seeing any specifics online.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training