Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What “Jewish” clothing size would I be?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 8:08 am
I’m 215 pounds and 5’5” tall. About an xl in dept store brands. What size should I be looking for in Jewish companies?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 8:25 am
16-18

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 8:32 am
You will probably need alterations

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 8:53 am
In Israel, you'd be a size 5 or 6, depending on the cut of the clothes and the designer.

I'm a size 12/14, and I wear a size 3.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 10:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m 215 pounds and 5’5” tall. About an xl in dept store brands. What size should I be looking for in Jewish companies?

If you find something that fits please let us know. I'm 5'4" and weigh a bit less.

malki2

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 10:18 am
In Jewish sizes, Zaftig.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 10:23 am
malki2 wrote:
In Jewish sizes, Zaftig.

That’s not nice. Thanks for ruining my day and making me feel worse about my weight. I am still a person with feelings

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 10:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That’s not nice. Thanks for ruining my day and making me feel worse about my weight. I am still a person with feelings

I hate to say this. She's right. It really bothers me that we can go shopping and fit into an xl (or even a 1x, that's ok if that's the cut that works) and like how we look but some of the popular Jewish styles, that would translate beautifully into larger sizes - and I'm not even talking plus size - just aren't available.

Now Malki, do you know of any zaftig designers that have the same styles as some of the popular Jewish stores and sites? And are they the regular world's 2 or 3x, or just a generous large or true xl? I'd love to have some links if the latter.

malki2

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 10:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I’m so sorry. I should not have made that joke. I didn’t realize that it would hurt your feelings. If it makes you feel any better, I refer to myself as well.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 10:32 am
I wear a large or xl in most brands (about 170 lbs ) and in Jewish clothes I have had to do xxl or plus size.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 10:39 am
2 sizes larger than you usually wear. They do the Asian sizes from China. Similar to Amazon sizing.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 11:11 am
Op, I think it’s really hard to say. I’m 225 lbs. and 5.2. I wear a size 18-20 from Jewish stores. And sometimes a xl. Sometimes a 1x and sometimes a 2x.
And when I’ll find a specific brand that I’ll fit into a large, I’ll insist on only buying that in the future 😃

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 11:31 am
Why would they size chinese and Jewish women are built nothing like it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics