Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
NYC staycation

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 7:37 pm
Hi, we are planning a 2 day staycation in the city. Need recommendations for nice hotel and good places to eat. And some stuff to do. Just hit me up with any info about the city. Restaurants, sightseeing, etc..
Also which area hotel should I look for?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 11:13 pm
Bump

amother
Navy

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 11:33 pm
I did this once with friends. My advise is to pick the places you want to go and then choose the hotel in that area because traffic in town is horrible. There are nice hotels in all areas of NYC. I like noi due and tiberius (milchigs) to eat out. Fun places depend on what you want to do. Boating is out this time of year but there’s ice skating at Rockefeller center. We did lip lab where you can make your own lipstick! Ripleys, Madame toussouds, museum of natural history. Lots of comedy clubs and broadway show if that’s your thing. If you tell us what interests you o can be more specific. I was recently in NYC with DH and we had an awesome time just walking around time square sipping coffee.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 11:39 pm
Mike's Bistro is amazing.

VR
Escape room
Spyscape
Guided tour scavenger hunt such as Operation City Quest
The Vessel and High Line
Dave and Buster's if you like arcades
Gulliver's Gate/ Madame Tussaud's/National Geographic Encounter Ocean Odyssey/Ripley's Believe It or Not- all in same area
Broadway or Off Broadway show
Ice skating at Rockefeller Center or Bryant Park
If you're a child at heart, try Sloo Moo pop-up slime museum

When are you planning to go? Check this out:
https://www.nycgo.com/must-see-week for a list of attractions that will be BOGO from 1/21-2/9 and Reserve Cut is a participating kosher restaurant for lunch.

Genius

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 12:01 am
Maybe mention which area in the city you're thinking about. you might get some suggestions

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 10:29 am
I was looking at hotels near times Square or around that area. But so far I'm not finding anything in the price range that I want to spend and it should be a decent nice hotel. I am kinda disappointed.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 11:17 am
Thank you Amelia bedila. Not OP but was looking at the spyscape and a little hesitent about the price. Got 2 for 1 tix!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 2:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was looking at hotels near times Square or around that area. But so far I'm not finding anything in the price range that I want to spend and it should be a decent nice hotel. I am kinda disappointed.

Nice and affordable is an oxymoron in NYC. I recently stayed at Hotel Pennsylvania near Herald Square and I was quite satisfied and price was great. Not luxurious, but comfortable and clean.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 2:23 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Thank you Amelia bedila. Not OP but was looking at the spyscape and a little hesitent about the price. Got 2 for 1 tix!

So glad to help!

amother
White

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 2:25 pm
My family did this once. But they stayed at home and just drove into Manhattan each day. They bought the tourist book, and did all the stuff like they were tourists in the city. They wore I love New York t-shirts and caps and rode the double decker buses. Etc

Chloe22

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 2:27 pm
Metropolitan Museum of Art
Museum of Jewish Heritage

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 2:36 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
My family did this once. But they sucked at home and just drove into Manhattan each day. They bought the tourist book, and did all the stuff like they were terrorists in the city. They were I love New York t-shirts and caps and rode the double decker buses. Etc

Terrorists? Colors

amother
White

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 2:52 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Terrorists? Colors

Lol. I guess that's what happens when I do voice text and then get busy and forget to edit it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics