Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Dr. GUNDRY No Lectins

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 10:43 am
Anyone here tried this type of eating

Were you successful in reducing your symptoms

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 10:46 am
I don’t believe he is wrong. I feel better when I don’t eat excessive plant protein. I don’t eat inflammatory foods. Most of what ailed me when I did is gone.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 10:49 am
He has a recipe book. I want to start his diet as doctoradvised.
Waiting for my life situation to calm down to try it.
Good luck
I think an instant pot will help with the beans etc. The cook ing method decreases the lectins

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 10:54 am
Eat real, unprocessed good. His good list has some absolute garbage in it . Guess he’s selling stuff too. BUT inflammatory ailments CAN be helped by eating real food, the less processed the better. Keep it simple. You’ll feel so good that you won’t care exactly what you’re eating or if you’re bored. I used to take 3200 mg Advil daily proactively. Now, maybe four in six months for a headache.

No, I don’t do Gundry specifically but I also don’t eat most of what he talks about. So I feel like I can say keep it simple, eat real food, avoid the lectins and feel better.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 11:06 am
andrea levy wrote:
Eat real, unprocessed good. His good list has some absolute garbage in it . Guess he’s selling stuff too. BUT inflammatory ailments CAN be helped by eating real food, the less processed the better. Keep it simple. You’ll feel so good that you won’t care exactly what you’re eating or if you’re bored. I used to take 3200 mg Advil daily proactively. Now, maybe four in six months for a headache.

No, I don’t do Gundry specifically but I also don’t eat most of what he talks about. So I feel like I can say keep it simple, eat real food, avoid the lectins and feel better.

I’ve been doing Keto for over 1 yr.
I lost about 20lbs then plateaued
Then, since October, I ve been in and out of ketosis, gained all my weight back, constant tingling in my fingers and getting worse, and super itchy

My A1C has gotten better so it’s not diabetes
Went from 5.4 to 5.0

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 2:54 pm
Bump
To see if anyone else tried

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 11:56 am
Not OP, but if anyone is doing this diet or similar can they give a sample diet, what they eat for breakfast lunch and supper and snacks, that you can buy in regular supermarkets?

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 7:51 pm
Not OP, but if anyone is doing this diet or similar can they give a sample diet, what they eat for breakfast lunch and supper and snacks, that you can buy in regular supermarkets?

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 5:42 pm
BUMP

Not op, but.. has anyone seen changes in the way they feel, and blood and other tests, after being on this diet?

If anyone is doing this diet or similar can they give a sample diet, what they eat for breakfast lunch and supper and snacks, that you can buy in regular supermarkets, or is it a major hassle to be on this diet, because you cant be on it with foods from regular supermarkets?

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 7:26 pm
I did this with my husband for a while. Not perfectly but we tried. Lots of green smoothies, microwave muffins from the Gundry cookbook, no beans or lentils, started using cassava flour, etc. We both felt great and my husband in particular saw dramatic relief from some gastrointestinal issues he was having. Unfortunately we moved and have been unable to keep it up ingredient-wise or food prep wise… we both wish we could go back to it.

It might be important to note that I had been trying keto for about a year before finding Gundry, and failing pretty miserably to thrive within those guidelines—I was always hungry and lightheaded.

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 7:31 pm
I don’t remember it being that hard to source the ingredients when we lived in the US. Maybe not everything could be gotten in any supermarket but with health food stores it was possible. Maybe expensive (coconut yogurt, we also bought prechecked greens pretty often to make things easier, etc.) but possible. Now where we live it’s just too hard to keep up. A few times we made our own coconut yogurt using coconut cream and probiotics, but it’s just been too many steps and too iffy to maintain (we also have a bunch of little kids and lots of other things going on). If I could, I would eat straight Gundry. I know I’d feel great, and my husband feels the same.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 7:59 pm
These meals with recipes with so many ingredients and so many steps, look like a f/t career to me.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 9:01 am
Im not OP.

I have a question.

Im a fan of Carrot Juice. I looked up Dr Gundry's "YES" foods and I see carrots among them, but theres no mention of carrot juice. Is 'carrot juice" a "NO" food?

Dreamer

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 12:32 pm
According to what I've read in his book, Gundry only likes carrots raw not cooked. If you would make the carrot juice yourself it would probably be okay. He is not a fan of juices bec they always have added sugars.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise