Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What do you think of prince Harry and Megan moving to Canada
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 12:26 pm
?how will it effect baby Archie?

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 12:27 pm
I'm sure he will still have quite a privileged life.
I feel bad for them, wish everyone would leave them alone and quit the gossip.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 12:28 pm
I kind of understand how the public exposure became too much for Megan. She was being nitpicked apart. She was used to a degree of that...but, from what I understand, the British media takes it to a whole new level.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 12:46 pm
I sometimes read the British newspapers, and I must say that from my American-Israeli perspective, they seem to have lost their minds over this.

This Harry guy has almost zero chance of ever becoming king, so his life is basically useless. Smile and wave, smile and wave, hang around so that in the unlikely event that everyone ahead of you dies, you can continue the royal line.

The guy's 35 and he's finally moving out of his Mother's house, and the British media treats it like it's a terrible thing. I don't get it. Let him live his life.

pause

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 12:50 pm
You get the privilege, you take the responsibility. I don't see how they can continue living with the title and benefits of royalty while opting out of the "show" we expect from them.

Then again, Harry's always done as he pleased.

pause

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 12:53 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
I kind of understand how the public exposure became too much for Megan. She was being nitpicked apart. She was used to a degree of that...but, from what I understand, the British media takes it to a whole new level.

That's what you get when you marry a prince. Duh! Kate was also nitpicked apart, and she had less experience with that than Meghan. You suck it up if put yourself in the limelight like that.

But it's no surprise to some of you who've read my other posts on this subject that I merely see this as yet another disappointment of Meghan. Like, she's some kind of sore loser, IDK.

Last edited by pause on Sun, Jan 12 2020, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

ectomorph

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 12:56 pm
I think they're a bunch of anti semites. I really couldn't care less about them. They support Palestinians and Harry once dressed up as a Nazi.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 12:58 pm
Her name is Meghan.

banana123

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 1:05 pm
My thoughts are: Who cares?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 1:05 pm
Harry was pitching to disney that Meghan can do voice over's google her Tostito chips
commercial

banana123

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 1:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
?how will it effect baby Archie?

Baby Archie will grow up like any other baby. He needs his mom and dad, and hopefully he'll have a relationship with all his grandparents. He should have friends. What else does he need?

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 1:07 pm
ectomorph wrote:
I think they're a bunch of anti semites. I really couldn't care less about them. They support Palestinians and Harry once dressed up as a Nazi.

This! I was thinking the same thing.

meyerlemon44

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 1:17 pm
I've been following this closer than I care to admit. Meghan has taken a bunch of moves that make it look like they plan to start their own lifestyle brand (SussexRoyal) and start a charity a la the Clinton Foundation to promote very progressive causes. Both of these moves are totally forbidden by for the royal family, who can't use their position to promote products or controversial causes. I think Meghan wants to have her cake (be a royal) and eat it too (sell/promote/do whatever she wants), but you never can.

Metukah

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 1:18 pm
I say good riddance.

I think meghan is not a suitable royal candidate, but then again neither is Harry, and he was born into it.

My opinion is, that she couldn't deal with his royal status because she's controlling and has to be more important than him. I'm likely wrong, but that's my feeling. There's something about her that I don't like. More than just something.

People usually quit their jobs to spend time with their family, this couple quit their family to spend time with their money. Everything they say is just excuses shmexuces.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 1:19 pm
Literally don’t care. Do people really follow this? How does this help you be a better Jew?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 1:20 pm
do you think they will loose their titles?

meyerlemon44

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 1:24 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Literally don’t care. Do people really follow this? How does this help you be a better Jew?

It's a human interest story--it involves family quarrels, money, government, all of the interesting stuff.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 1:34 pm
Its 2020. There are no arranged marriages. There are no marriages within other dynasties. Its modern times. Harry will never be king, unless every other male family member of his dies. Extremely unlikely.
He is following in the footsteps of his great uncle who married an american divorcee and left that life behind.

People who follow the story will pull it to shreds. Everyone else? We say , good for them, let them live there lives and move on.

banana123

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 1:35 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Its 2020. There are no arranged marriages. There are no marriages within other dynasties. Its modern times. Harry will never be king, unless every other male family member of his dies. Extremely unlikely.
He is following in the footsteps of his great uncle who married an american divorcee and left that life behind.

People who follow the story will pull it to shreds. Everyone else? We say , good for them, let them live there lives and move on.

Pretty sure the law has been amended to allow female heirs to take the throne. For instance if Prince George had been a girl he still would've been third in line for the throne, ahead of Princess Charlotte.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 1:41 pm
Imagine being in your 30's and having to answer to your grandmother, father and brother for every move you make. No thank you. Good on them for cutting the strings of the puppetmasters and living their own adult lives.
Page 1 of 10   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics