Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Smilingmom in hospice.
1  2  Next

singleagain

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 6:12 pm
Smilingmom, aka Gila bat Fruma Kressel is currently in hospice. She appreciates and love to hear that everyone is saying tehillim for her.
http://tehilimyahad.com/mr.jsp?r=VFoHthohRW

Also, if you have any stories of times she helped you or just kind things you saw and read from her, it cheers her up to hear it. So please post/PM me with your stories and I will make sure it gets read to her.

ruby slippers

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 6:29 pm
Oh no! Saying tehilim-wishing her comfort.

mirror

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 6:32 pm
I am shocked. I remember when she pm'd me that she has cancer but I honestly didn't think that she would end up in hospice. I'm so sorry.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 6:53 pm
Smilingmom is one of the most authentic people I've met. Posters might remember her from
threads about the...quirky stuff she's done Cool. And also from threads about her passion for living and supporting Torah, and what she most recently did as parnasha. Like all of us, her life is a Venn Diagram of different people and experiences and there is no setirah when you really know her. (And Smilingmom, you're hearing this and thinking, wait, do I know this lady? Not in person. I can only wish. Just from Imamother.)

I don't mean to be writing a hesped. I just want to say that I have thought about Gila bas Frum Kressel for a long time, even when she was just plain Gila/Smilingmom and really smiled and been boosted by her posts.

Every single imamother is a real person. We can't forget this.

Last edited by PinkFridge on Sun, Jan 12 2020, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

happyone

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 6:55 pm
please tell her she is sorely missed and made a huge difference here and I'm sure IRL.

imanonymous

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 7:00 pm
I'm so sorry to hear that. I didn't/don't know her, but I've been following the threads and hoping for good news, somehow.

Crying Crying Crying

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 7:03 pm
Refuah sheleima.

In August of 2014, I posted that I was desperately looking for a gown for a sibling's wedding. Smilingmom pm'ed me, graciously offering me 2 gowns, with no strings attached.

Shuly

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 7:05 pm
Davening!

staten islander

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 7:16 pm
Davening! I always noted smiling moms posts for their positivity,wisdom and graciousness. I am thinking of her

ally

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 7:27 pm
I am so inspired how her and her husband supported each other in the things they love and the way they each wanted to live. I think about it a lot actually.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 7:29 pm
ally wrote:
I am so inspired how her and her husband supported each other in the things they love and the way they each wanted to live. I think about it a lot actually.

Can you share the inspiration with the rest of us? Is there a thread in which she spoke about it?

cnc

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 7:45 pm
She’s as nice and genuine in person as she is on Imamother.
I’ve met her a few times - I’m related to one of her children. I doubt she knows who I am / remembers me , but she made an impression on me especially her family’s chashivus hatorah as evidenced by her posts here and IRL.

browser

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 8:35 pm
Refuah shelaima
Davening

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 10:29 pm
She is so kind and helpful. She was willing to share her knowledge. I think about her often.

mommy0

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 8:48 am
Gila, you are an amazing person!, We miss seeing you here on the block.
Saying tehillim for you. Hashem should send you a refuah shleima and should give you all the koach you need to come home and once again support your husband in his Torah learning.

STMommy

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 9:30 am
Just said tehillim.
Wishing Gila lots of love!

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 9:38 am
singleagain wrote:
Smilingmom, aka Gila bat Fruma Kressel is currently in hospice. She appreciates and love to hear that everyone is saying tehillim for her.
http://tehilimyahad.com/mr.jsp?r=VFoHthohRW

Also, if you have any stories of times she helped you or just kind things you saw and read from her, it cheers her up to hear it. So please post/PM me with your stories and I will make sure it gets read to her.

Thank you, everyone, for your prayers and kind words.

If you say tehillim through tehilim yahad, you can set it for daily or weekly email reminders at the bottom of the page.

nchr

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 9:38 am
Just said some tehillim. Let's keep bumping this up.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 10:29 am
I am an acquaintance of smilingmoms daughter. I put two and two together when hearing the tehillim name. Smilingdaughter is an appropriate name for someone who always is able to see the bright side of things and smile no matter what life throws at her. Smilingmom you must be an amazing mom who has modeled this positive energy that your daughter exudes 24/7. I am a lucky person to have been able to spend time in your daughter's presence. She brings light and joy wherever she goes. What middos you have raised her with! Wishing you peace and nachas from your family and friends. Besuros Tovos.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 10:45 am
I am heartbroken to hear this.

I was always so inspired by
her background and journey.
Her outlook on life.
Her wanting to help others with her work knowledge.
How she respected her DH in kollel
How she was such an individual and celebrated life
How she was so proud of her children’s life’s.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed