Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Releasing an album

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 6:47 pm
Experienced music people, please tell me if this is a good plan?

I want to take some of the songs I've written, hire a freelance producer on fiverr.com to fix up the audio and then hire a male singer so that there won't be any problems of kol isha. I would sell the downloads on itunes or mostly music, if they would allow it.

What else needs to go into this? I want to do it right.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 7:24 pm
I think a better idea is to sell the songs directly to a popular Jewish singer. I'm related to one of them and one of his hits was a random song someone randomly sold him. You would negotiate royalty or whatever. It will be done right, reach the masses and you'll make money. The other way is just not guaranteed (for starters you know fiver costs way more than 5 for anyone good)

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 7:28 pm
Hire a man and put your name on an album. If you sell it, it belongs to the buyer.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 8:07 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Hire a man and put your name on an album. If you sell it, it belongs to the buyer.

I don't understand... why would that be? Doesn't everyone sell downloads online without giving up rights? why would a man's name on it make any difference? I plan to credit the singer and producer, and myself for composing the songs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts