Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Easy dessert
1  2  Next

STR331

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 6:53 pm
im going to my aunt for shabbos can someone send me easy dessert recipe that I can make? I am not a baker so nothing hard plz

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 7:12 pm
Pour 3 boxes of Rich's Whip into a pie shell. Break sandwich cookies into chunks and sprinkle in whip. (No need to beat the whip.) Freeze.

Trader Joes has had some interesting looking exotic grapes. If your budget allows, get a pound or two and make a nice fruit platter.

A candy charcuterie platter. (Doesn't have to be big.)

STR331

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 7:21 pm
thanks
PinkFridge wrote:
Pour 3 boxes of Rich's Whip into a pie shell. Break sandwich cookies into chunks and sprinkle in whip. (No need to beat the whip.) Freeze.

Trader Joes has had some interesting looking exotic grapes. If your budget allows, get a pound or two and make a nice fruit platter.

tp3

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 7:35 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

Can you explain how to do this? What kind of candy? I thought it was supposed to be expensive cheeses, crackers, fruits, etc

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 3:52 am
tp3 wrote:
Can you explain how to do this? What kind of candy? I thought it was supposed to be expensive cheeses, crackers, fruits, etc

Yeah, it is but the term's being used for anything creatively arranged on a board. (I even saw it in IIRC the Mishpacha Chanukah issue so it must be true Wink )

sky

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 4:26 am
PinkFridge wrote:

For # 1 I use 1 box of the Jewish brand. I also like using choc graham cracker crust
My son made it for Shabbos this week. I plated with a drizzle of choc and raspberry sauce and half s sandwich cookie and it looked so gourmet.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 5:27 am
sky wrote:
For # 1 I use 1 box of the Jewish brand. I also like using choc graham cracker crust

Yeah, the original recipe calls for 32 oz. which I find too much. I find that about 24ish works.

BatyaEsther

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 5:39 am
Chocolate chip cookie - brownie bars.

Take a tin pan(8x12) spray it with cooking spray.

Cover the bottom-squish them in (yes there will be spaces between) with frozen chocolate chip cookie dough cookies.
Bake for just a few minutes until the melt and cook a little bit. I do not know how long-watch them, it is only a few minutes.
Take them out if the oven and cover them with sandwich cookies, either all brown ones or put the brown side down and white up.
Make boxed brownie mix as per the box instructions and pour it over the top.

Bake until done. Cool and cut into bars.

TravelHearter

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 5:57 am
Beat some Rich’s Whop with a title sugar. Set some aside and fold in some melted chocolate. Take a graham cracker crust, and spread the set aside whip followed by the chocolate whip on top.. . Voila, two layer chocolate mousse.
Obviously freeze.
Let me know if you want some easy recipes that aren’t pies (but which are a slight more complicated then whip filled pies)

tsc3

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 7:03 am
TravelHearter wrote:
Beat some Rich’s Whop with a title sugar. Set some aside and fold in some melted chocolate. Take a graham cracker crust, and spread the set aside whip followed by the chocolate whip on top.. . Voila, two layer chocolate mousse.
Obviously freeze.
Let me know if you want some easy recipes that aren’t pies (but which are a slight more complicated then whip filled pies)

Yes please

cbg

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 7:08 am
Baked Apples is an easy dessert
I ususually split them in 1/2 since for many a whole Apple is too much
Peel and cut the apple
Core the Apple
Some stuff the small crevice with something yummy like a macaroon
Place cut side down in a pyrex
Mix together sweet wine water sugar cinnamon all to taste enough liquid to go 1/3 up the apple
Pour, Cover, Bake

You can serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream

MiriFr

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 8:11 am
Beat 2 whips (8oz each), add 2 cans lemon pie filling, 2 small jars of marshmallow fluff.
Fill up 3 graham cracker crusts.
Freeze.

noosheen

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 8:29 am
MiriFr wrote:
Beat 2 whips (8oz each), add 2 cans lemon pie filling, 2 small jars of marshmallow fluff.
Fill up 3 graham cracker crusts.
Freeze.

What does this taste like?
Like a lemon mouse dessert?

noosheen

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 8:30 am
BatyaEsther wrote:

Cover the bottom-squish them in (yes there will be spaces between) with frozen chocolate chip cookie dough cookies.
Bake for just a few minutes until the melt and cook a little bit. I do not know how long-watch them, it is only a few minutes.
Take them out if the oven and cover them with sandwich cookies, either all brown ones or put the brown side down and white up.

Which frozen chocolate chip cookies?

STR331

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 5:46 pm
yummy u guys are the best thanks so much

STR331

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 5:48 pm
the cookies won't be raw if u don't fully cook it ? sounds great!!!
BatyaEsther wrote:

STR331

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 5:50 pm
u guys can post other desserts that aren't frozen pies also

BatyaEsther

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 5:55 pm
STR331 wrote:
the cookies won't be raw if u don't fully cook it ? sounds great!!!

No because you are finishing to bake it with the brownie mix. It is on top of it. If you fully bake it first it gets over cooked. It is layered in the same pan.

BatyaEsther

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 5:57 pm
noosheen wrote:
Which frozen chocolate chip cookies?

Whatever is cheapest/on sale that week.

It is cookies with more cookies and brownies. It is sugar, more sugar, and chocolate. You really can't go wrong.

STR331

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 6:15 pm
I wanna try it
BatyaEsther wrote:
No because you are finishing to bake it with the brownie mix. It is on top of it. If you fully bake it first it gets over cooked. It is layered in the same pan.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics