Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Siyum on sefer ketuvim- need suggestions

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 8:29 pm
DS is making a siyum on sefer ketuvim..(just bar mitzvahed). Looked online for ideas that will make a connection between the sefarim or something to say that would organized his thoughts or a point- can't seem to find much except for a timeline- which is great..so looking for advice for that.
Also ideas for fun foods to serve..

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 8:39 pm
Are you talking about the whole kesuvim? As in Tehillim, Mishlei, Iyov, Shir HaShirim, Rus, Eicha, Koheles, Esther, Daniel, Ezra, Nechemia, and Divrei HaYomim?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 11:16 pm
Yep! Tehillim took him the longest 119 is tough, but decided instead of making a siyum on a gemarah or mishna for his bar mitzvah he wanted to go through all of ketuvim b/c they dont learn it in school and he loves tanach.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 6:50 am
Mazel tov! This is so amazing. I don't have ideas for food beyond his favorites and what the olam will enjoy. May he always have this drive to discover and learn!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 7:51 am
Thanks!
I was thinking of putting out Hamantaschen for Esther. My son suggested Baby Ruth (although the mail meal is fleish so cute idea, but not happening) Maybe somehow make edible pencils for ketuvim in general. DH said put out all the food then take it away and put out new food for Iyov- funny, but not happening... any ideas come to mind?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 8:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks!
I was thinking of putting out Hamantaschen for Esther. My son suggested Baby Ruth (although the mail meal is fleish so cute idea, but not happening) Maybe somehow make edible pencils for ketuvim in general. DH said put out all the food then take it away and put out new food for Iyov- funny, but not happening... any ideas come to mind?

Iyov would be hard boiled eggs.
Rus could be barley.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 8:28 am
I think you should concentrate on the one that impacted him the most

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 9:38 am
Wow, OP, that is amazing! Mazel tov to your son!

JoyInTheMorning

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 10:03 am
First, Mazel Tov to your son! That shows dedication and independence.

If I were giving a Dvar Torah on ketuvim, I think I would focus on the all encompassing nature of Ketuvim.
1. It encompasses all of history up to the Anaheim Knesset Hagedolah, since Ketuvim includes Divrei Hayamim as well as Daniel, Ezra, and Nechemiah
2. It encompasses the calendar year because of the chameish Megilot
3. It encompasses much of our liturgy because of Tehillim, which is all over davening, and Mishlei, some of which we say Friday night
4. It encompasses all of humanity, not just the Jewish people, because it includes Iyov.

Maybe you son can build on that.

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 10:19 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
First, Mazel Tov to your son! That shows dedication and independence.

If I were giving a Dvar Torah on ketuvim, I think I would focus on the all encompassing nature of Ketuvim.
1. It encompasses all of history up to the Anaheim Knesset Hagedolah, since Ketuvim includes Divrei Hayamim as well as Daniel, Ezra, and Nechemiah
3. It encompasses much of our liturgy because of Tehillim, which is all over davening, and Mishlei, some of which we say Friday night
4. It encompasses all of humanity, not just the Jewish people, because it includes Iyov.

Maybe you son can build on that.

Beautiful! And yes mazal tov to OP! It's so refreshing to see that he had a Torah passion that he pursued.

As far as ideas go. You can do shivat haminim because a lot ketuvim is a lot about kedushat haaretz as well.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 10:21 am
[quote="JoyInTheMorning"]First, Mazel Tov to your son! That shows dedication and independence.

Maybe you son can build on that.[/quote

Ds wanted to create a timeline and put it around our dining room....

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 10:23 am
avrahamama wrote:
Beautiful! And yes mazal tov to OP! It's so refreshing to see that he had a Torah passion that he pursued.

As far as ideas go. You can do shivat haminim because a lot ketuvim is a lot about kedushat haaretz as well.

Ooh thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics