Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Possible move to lkwd. Please help.
Previous  1  2

amother
White

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 10:09 am
I live in a basement in the sunset and James development. It's a nice neighborhood and it seems like your type. Yeshivish but not hardcore and super friendly.

There are many frum realtors that can help you find an appropriate neighborhood for you. Hatzlacha and welcome.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 10:21 am
I send to Orchos chaim. And am thrilled
See my post here. https://www.imamother.com/foru.....74610
unfortanetly it’s so hard to get in. Besides siblings there are few slots and they keep adding classes. If you want to try be prepared to call a lot and wait.

Sunset and James area is really nice. It’s a huge mix of different types. Friendly. You can get a new duplex/townhouse with rentable basement for like 650.

malki2

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 10:34 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I send to Orchos chaim. And am thrilled
See my post here. https://www.imamother.com/foru.....74610
unfortanetly it’s so hard to get in. Besides siblings there are few slots and they keep adding classes. If you want to try be prepared to call a lot and wait.

Sunset and James area is really nice. It’s a huge mix of different types. Friendly. You can get a new duplex/townhouse with rentable basement for like 650.

Sunset and James is only single-family homes and are more expensive than that. The duplexes are in the nearby vacinity, like Williams, and down James. (Unless that’s all included in Sunset and James).

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 10:35 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
I live in a basement in the sunset and James development. It's a nice neighborhood and it seems like your type. Yeshivish but not hardcore and super friendly.

There are many frum realtors that can help you find an appropriate neighborhood for you. Hatzlacha and welcome.

I only know two people in that development and I personally wouldn't consider them yeshivish. Which is of course a relative term.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 10:38 am
malki2 wrote:
I would suggest Tashbar or Orchos Chaim for boys. The Cheder probably has the best English, but the parent body is very yeshivish. For girls, Bais Tova or Bnos Dvora or Bnos Orchos Chaim are good.

Regarding housing, it really depends on if you want a tenant or not. And do you want a single family home, or would you go with a duplex?

Bais Tova is a surprising suggestion for someone who is looking for open-minded yeshivish. Agree more with the other two. Bais Faiga also has the diversity OP may be looking for, though it can be pretty impossible to get in to.

Nachlas, Moreshes, and Bnos Esther Malka might be good options for OP, since her DD is young, and these are "younger" but well-established schools.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 10:40 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I only know two people in that development and I personally wouldn't consider them yeshivish. Which is of course a relative term.

Yeshivish is a relative term. It means something diff in Lakewood and out of Lakewood. I’d assume sunset and James is yeshivish for someone coming from outside Lakewood.
Like someone yeshivish from five towns wouldn’t fit in yesodei or forest park.

malki2

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 10:42 am
Chayalle wrote:
Bais Tova is a surprising suggestion for someone who is looking for open-minded yeshivish. Agree more with the other two. Bais Faiga also has the diversity OP may be looking for, though it can be pretty impossible to get in to.

Nachlas, Moreshes, and Bnos Esther Malka might be good options for OP, since her DD is young, and these are "younger" but well-established schools.

The truth is that I actually knew the least about Bais Tova out of my suggestions. (I only have 1 daughter). I thought it was that type. Thanks for correcting.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 11:10 am
malki2 wrote:
I know of a house that went over a year ago over there for over 750.

I know one that sold for btw 600 and 700 less than a yr ago. Another 2 sold for 629 and 550 in 2017. Check zillow

Last edited by Sebastian on Mon, Jan 13 2020, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

malki2

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 11:13 am
Sebastian wrote:
I know one that sold for btw 600 and 700 less than a yr ago. Check zillow

They could both be true. Could be that one was smaller than the other. I know the number I quoted was correct.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 11:17 am
malki2 wrote:
They could both be true. Could be that one was smaller than the other. I know the number I quoted was correct.

I'm not doubting you just telling op the area a in her price range
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries